Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #13214
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Rough Idle After IAC Installed (Eclipse 97)" Previous topic | Next topic
electroheadNov-28-11 06:15 PM
Member since Dec 13th 2009
182 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13216, "RE: Rough Idle After IAC Installed (Eclipse 97)"
In response to In response to 1

I can't believe (ok, maybe I can) that Autozone charges close to dealer prices on the IAC for the 4G6 engines (I paid $330). When I had my '93 GS, I went with the dealer IAC, since there was a revision to the design to make it more reliable.
Anyway, test the IAC you put in for peace of mind. I've had too many turbo DSM guys tell me horror stories regarding aftermarket IACs. I believe it could be that alot of aftermarket companies base their IACs off of Mitsubishi's original design, not the revised one. Plus, if there's an issue that arose once you changed the IAC that wasn't there before, chances are the IAC you installed could be defective.
Another possibility is that the plug or wire for the cam sensor could have been loosened during the IAC replacement. That would most definately cause issues, since the ECU would basically be left to 'guess' when to fire the injectors and spark plugs. Your timing could be fine (especially if it didn't run rough before), but the ECU might not know that if the signal to the cam sensor has been severed.
While I'm still thinking about it, what is the condition of the idle set screw? Those tend to get messed up, since they're made of soft white plastic. The threads and/or o-ring could be shot. And they're cheap to replace.
Hope this helps.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Rough Idle After IAC Installed (Eclipse 97) [View all] , Prince Lesly, Nov-23-11 04:03 PM
  RE: Rough Idle After IAC Installed (Eclipse 97), AdministratorCODE4, Nov-23-11 04:08 PM, #1
RE: Rough Idle After IAC Installed (Eclipse 97), electrohead, Nov-28-11 06:15 PM #2
      RE: Rough Idle After IAC Installed (Eclipse 97), techboy, Feb-17-13 06:46 PM, #3

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #13214 Previous topic | Next topic