Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 3 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #9696
View in linear mode

Subject: "Exhaust popping noise while accelerating" Previous topic | Next topic
Ryan_HesOct-09-04 11:27 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9696, "Exhaust popping noise while accelerating"
Oct-09-04 11:28 PM by Ryan_Hes

This is Jarrad_GST accidentally posted on Ryan's computer and sn. sorry.

I did an 6bolt swap into a 2g. I have 500 miles on it but when i boost pasted 5psi the car starts to makes a popping noise out of the exhaust.. And yes I get a loss of power and cant boost passed 8 psi. The popping noise doesnt intially start until I let off the gas a little to reduce it at 90% throttle.

I changed my spark plugs to BPRES6 and I used my friends used spark plug wires. I am thinking it is my coil pack b/c when hooking the car the first time up.. the plug for 2gs are identical.. so I accidentally hooked the A/C harness to the ignition and it started to eat away the coil pack. Then I switched the wires to how they should be and the car ran fine. I boosted around town and no problems with the popping noise. So.. how could it be my coil pack. I have changed many things since then.

I have tried to lean out my Safc w/ 550cc injectors to -40. That was too lean and then put them back down to -20 with a Evo16g turbo. So I dont think its fuel related. I ran rich then lean either did not change anything. I tried retard my timing and advancing it... that didnt do anything.

I do have one missing bolt on the exhaust manifold but I do not think that would cause the car to loose total power after 5 psi..

So basically I want someone to tell me its coil pack and ignition wires so I dont waste spending $50 and be wrong.
One question, will 91-94 coils packs work fine with 2g?

let me know thanks.

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Exhaust popping noise while accelerating [View all] , Ryan_Hes, Oct-09-04 11:27 PM
  RE: Exhaust popping noise while accelerating, Vandy420a, Oct-10-04 07:48 AM, #1
RE: Exhaust popping noise while accelerating, ModeratoreclipzGST, Oct-10-04 04:09 PM, #2

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #9696 Previous topic | Next topic