Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #9433
View in linear mode

Subject: "head pics, very big, huge problems, long" Previous topic | Next topic
Diceman19Nov-13-04 08:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9433, "head pics, very big, huge problems, long"

do these look right? i pulled the valve cover off to see if the valves were sticking. i tried to drain the gas yesterday and the engine was grinding like crazy. i am getting oil pressure. my buddy came over to listen to it, listened for a split second and said turn it off quick. looking at the head, it looks like there are some holes. he said they were probably drain holes for oil but the edges of the holes are rubbing off. stuck my finger in there and small metal pieces were coming off in my hand. thinking maybe it rusted its way out but it is an aluminum head right? anyway, here are the pics, let me know what you think. i will be relieved if the engine is blown becuase this car has been down so long that i will be glad to know what the problem is to fix it. havent done a compression test yet because i dont have a tester, working on it though. also havent pulled the oil pan to look for shards yet. i havent driven this car in almost 9 months. the car started idling funny, wouldnt build boost. alright, had some buddies over about 25 days ago to look at it and they determined that it wasnt spark issues, no boost leaks, no ignition issues, etc. it wasnt making all the grinding noise then. havent touched it since that day, turned it on last night to drain the gas, all of the sudden it is grinding like two horny love birds on a saturday night.

about the center of the head, exhaust side of head

same hole but a different angle

this hole is hard to see but it is on the passenger side of the head on the intake side

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

head pics, very big, huge problems, long [View all] , Diceman19, Nov-13-04 08:39 AM
  RE: head pics, very big, huge problems, long, TeamJeff_99gs, Nov-14-04 11:58 AM, #1
RE: head pics, very big, huge problems, long, kelvinb1, Nov-14-04 01:09 PM, #2
RE: head pics, very big, huge problems, long, Diceman19, Nov-14-04 03:04 PM, #3
      RE: head pics, very big, huge problems, long, HybriDSM, Nov-15-04 03:32 AM, #4
           RE: head pics, very big, huge problems, long, Diceman19, Nov-15-04 02:29 PM, #5
                RE: head pics, very big, huge problems, long, Pitchblack98, Nov-16-04 03:42 AM, #6
                     RE: head pics, very big, huge problems, long, Diceman19, Nov-16-04 08:10 PM, #7
                          RE: head pics, very big, huge problems, long, HybriDSM, Nov-17-04 03:22 AM, #8
                               RE: head pics, very big, huge problems, long, ModeratoreclipzGST, Nov-17-04 11:38 AM, #9
                                    RE: head pics, very big, huge problems, long, Diceman19, Nov-22-04 09:24 AM, #10
                                         RE: head pics, very big, huge problems, long *NEW INFO*, Diceman19, Nov-23-04 07:20 PM, #11
                                              RE: head pics, very big, huge problems, long *NEW INFO*, ModeratoreclipzGST, Nov-24-04 10:09 AM, #12
                                                   RE: head pics, very big, huge problems, long *NEW INFO*, Diceman19, Nov-24-04 04:26 PM, #13

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #9433 Previous topic | Next topic