Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #8997
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: slowboy blocks/heads?" Previous topic | Next topic
HybriDSMMar-01-05 03:33 AM
Member since Aug 07th 2002
2407 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9002, "RE: slowboy blocks/heads?"
In response to In response to 4
Mar-01-05 03:41 AM by HybriDSM

I ordered basically all of my parts from SBR when doing my rebuild. Their service was nothing short of exemplary. I don't know anything about their engine work but my personal experience with the company has been fantastic.

If you have questions, call or email and they will be more than responsive to you. Cost wise, getting one of their prebuilt blocks or heads is about the same price as doing it piecemeal, but you are relying on them for machine work. If you have someone local you can check on periodically that you are comfortable with, it's nice to be close to the work being done, but then again, that adds some steps to the whole process.

Also, this might be the time to decide what your car is going to be. If you're going to take it off the street and make it a weekend driver, go forged and baby the car, but I can attest to having a car with forged internals. It hates anything but perfect conditions and it not meant for daily driving. Go with the 2g/1g combo if you'll daily drive it, like Jeff said. Avoid unnecessary headaches if you can. Plenty more will spring up with your DSM

It's running again shitheads.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=791

HybriDSM@gmail.com ; HybriDSM@hotmail.com

Think for yourself. Question authority does not always mean disagree with authority.

If life were perfect, I'd be Calvin and you'd be Hobbes.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

slowboy blocks/heads? [View all] , soulcontroller, Feb-28-05 12:16 PM
  RE: slowboy blocks/heads?, TeamJeff_99gs, Feb-28-05 02:37 PM, #1
RE: slowboy blocks/heads?, soulcontroller, Feb-28-05 03:27 PM, #2
      RE: slowboy blocks/heads?, TeamJeff_99gs, Feb-28-05 04:04 PM, #3
           RE: slowboy blocks/heads?, Pitchblack98, Feb-28-05 06:01 PM, #4
                RE: slowboy blocks/heads?, HybriDSM, Mar-01-05 03:33 AM #5
                     RE: slowboy blocks/heads?, soulcontroller, Mar-01-05 04:26 AM, #6

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #8997 Previous topic | Next topic