Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 4 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4103
View in linear mode

Subject: "Auto VS Manual" Previous topic | Next topic
BlmetDec-07-03 02:54 PM
Member since Jan 26th 2002
328 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4103, "Auto VS Manual"

I am looking to buying a 97-99 gsx or a 97-98 tsi awd. My question is about transmissions. This started because I am looking for an awd vehicle and I can't find any manuals in my region that are in good shape and are non-modified. So I started to think maybe I might have to get an auto. Anyways my questions are: How much power can the auto awd tranny hold? My goal is 300-400 hp, the closer to 400 the better but I am not going to render it unstreetable. Second, how much slower are they than manuals in stock form, then with shift kits and TC's? Third, what are the benefits other than no lost of spool during shifting and building boost at the line? Lastly, what is the top speed in an auto at the top of four gear and how do they pick up when they get stomped on in 4th gear? Does shutting overdrive off shut off four gear? I usually get into it at highway speeds and don't want to be hindered by a low top speed. I realize a gst/tsi would prolly be better at high speeds due to gearing and less weight, but I don't what the traction problems faced by fwd vehicles at the line.

Thanks for replies.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Auto VS Manual [View all] , Blmet, Dec-07-03 02:54 PM
  RE: Auto VS Manual, TeamJeff_99gs, Dec-08-03 03:44 PM, #1
RE: Auto VS Manual, ModeratoreclipzGST, Dec-08-03 05:14 PM, #2
      RE: Auto VS Manual, Remy, Dec-09-03 07:18 AM, #3
           RE: Auto VS Manual, ModeratoreclipzGST, Dec-09-03 11:23 AM, #4

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4103 Previous topic | Next topic