Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #2232
View in linear mode

Subject: "the 1g lives!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
Diceman19May-06-05 05:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2232, "the 1g lives!!!"

finally, after over a year of being down and troubleshooting, the 1g lives. faulty timing job the 6-7 months prior. i think either the tensioner pully or the tensioner was installed incorrectly. eventually the timing let go and she wouldnt idle right, then wouldnt boost, felt crappy on acceleration and just general nonsense. then, the engine was making very loud metal on metal sounds like something was grinding or tapping. i thought, there go my valves. i took the tbelt off, reset TDC, put belt back on, it sat for a long time because i couldnt get anyone to help me finish the job. someone came down today due to my woman issues and decided she had sat long enough. started her up, she idled like a champ. the exhaust is freakin mean, that 02 dump is freakin loud as all get out. i smoked a mustang tonight too, dont know if the chick was trying but i gave her a little bit of a chance, i didnt launch it. once i hit boost in 1st gear, i pulled miles in front of her. over a year of sitting, she is now alive again. i gotta throw thanks out to my buddy mike on my local board, he stopped by to help take my mind off the ex, bam car got fixed. work not done yet, i only hit about 13psi, way to low. the exhaust mounting things were rubbing on the driveshaft too and right before i put it back in the garage, it sounded like it gave loose and my exhaust was rattling around. easy fix and then she will be good as new. gotta redo the gauge wiring, install dsmlink and UICP and gm maf, then some fuel mods and boost controller, then the super cool smile on my face mod. im stroked....

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

the 1g lives!!! [View all] , Diceman19, May-06-05 05:47 PM
  RE: the 1g lives!!!, ModeratoreclipzGST, May-07-05 07:58 AM, #1
RE: the 1g lives!!!, Hult250R, May-07-05 09:11 AM, #2
RE: the 1g lives!!!, Diceman19, May-08-05 06:28 AM, #3
      RE: the 1g lives!!!, ModeratoreclipzGST, May-08-05 08:01 AM, #4
           RE: the 1g lives!!!, Diceman19, May-08-05 11:58 AM, #5
                RE: the 1g lives!!!, ModeratoreclipzGST, May-08-05 01:34 PM, #6
                     RE: the 1g lives!!!, Diceman19, May-08-05 04:17 PM, #7

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #2232 Previous topic | Next topic