Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #1603
View in linear mode

Subject: "NEDSM/ My plans on a performance shop..." Previous topic | Next topic
NHH223Aug-22-05 04:50 PM
Member since Apr 20th 2004
161 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1603, "NEDSM/ My plans on a performance shop..."

On NEDSM... I want to meet with you guys, ALL OF YOU!!! I need support, ideas, locations, and other stuff because I want to finish planning my business.

Here's a question, would you guys be willing to drive to Littleton, MA (where 495 hits RT 2) to hang out, chill, get your car dyno'ed and do sweet stuff like use the lifts, tire machine, torch, plasma cutter, etc etc I want in my own shop?

I wanna have the shop, and do dyno days, having lots of DSMers showing up, and chilling in the parking lot, smoking cigs, eating pizza, dyno'ing their cars, and just having fun. Bascially, we're all a bunch of bugs looking for that one "cool" street light to buzz around all night, and lately, there isn't a place for DSMers, or Import Tuners in my area.

Does anyone agree? I've already planned the idea of most HP and most TQ prizes for people who dyno during the day/night (free service, a sweet part, or something down those lines), and also giving any member of 2GNT/NEDSM a good discount and other "payment" options, you get me? You make me a speaker box, and I'll mount and balance four low-pro tires for you at almost zero cost. How does that sound guys? You ever seen the cost of RESIDENTIAL DELIVERY on a part from ebay? How its like $200 more to ship than at a business? Why not have a mutually friendly DSM/import shop that'll take delivery of your stuff, eh?

I've been talking to Dyno companies, lift companies, I have my own torch kit with 2-step dolly, plasma cutter can come later, and tire mount and balance machines are a must!!!

Does anyone agree with me in starting my own shop? If anyone lives near me, some random Honda kid started a "shop" in Acton, which failed, becuase when I went in their to get price quotes for car parts he said "performance parts are expensive" what the hell kinda of service is that? Also, he didnt have a stock of anything, everything was in a warehouse 200 miles west of Acton, and if they had to install it, it was at some random place 200 miles east of acton. His business failed for all the wrong reasons.

I've seen so many rice boys that probably spent money getting their $90 tin-can put on just to look cool. But what about the REAL DSMers, the REAL Import Tuners, who want a place where they know they're getting their parts at a good deal, who has a shop that rebuilds engines, transmissions, put a clutch in within a day (if you don't have a lift, you're basically FUCKED!!!) That can get your name put out their and recognized... ya know?

Hell, I don't have structure to employees or anything, but in 2years, I want the shop, the dyno, the tools, the lifts, and a showcar, so people in my area know my rides, know my names, know my work, and know my people (DSM Tuners)

If I have a shop car that shows, why not some of you guys that know what the hell you're doing with fiberglass, stereos, interiors, and other stuff, get your names out their, so maybe later you can have your own shops? Does this sound good at all?

You all with me?

-Nick

'95 Copper GS-T "Serena" Stage 3 CM Clutch w/alumin flywheel, Injen Intake, Apex'i I/C pipes + Twin Chamber BOV, Defi D-Series Boost + A/F gauges...pushing 17psi!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

NEDSM/ My plans on a performance shop... [View all] , NHH223, Aug-22-05 04:50 PM
  RE: NEDSM/ My plans on a performance shop..., ModeratoreclipzGST, Aug-22-05 07:49 PM, #1
RE: NEDSM/ My plans on a performance shop..., TeamJeff_99gs, Aug-22-05 08:27 PM, #2
      RE: NEDSM/ My plans on a performance shop..., NHH223, Aug-23-05 07:08 AM, #3
      RE: NEDSM/ My plans on a performance shop..., Hult250R, Aug-24-05 11:14 AM, #4

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #1603 Previous topic | Next topic