Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #10551
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: SAFCII won't start (all stock) help!" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratoreclipzGSTJun-14-04 04:02 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10559, "RE: SAFCII won't start (all stock) help!"
In response to In response to 7

Originally posted by Vandy420a
looking for a decent walkthrough for injectors, but I did find this.... http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104301 this thread is becoming the holy grail of noob turbo installs, maybe we should change the subject heading....

Swapping my turbo wasn't even CLOSE to as difficult as I thought it would be.
The biggest pains in the ass for me were:
1. I bolted up the turbo with the downpipe too far over to the right and then when I went to bolt it up, I couldn't get it past the dump tube from the o2 housing. I had to pull the turbo/o2 housing off to move it over and bolt it alll back up again.
2. Dropped an injector insulator into the engine. Probably wouldn't have been that big a deal if it wasn't 1am and pitch black.
3. Banjo bolt for turbo oil feed was nice and tight but the line going in wasn't. Could only get a wrench on there enough to turn about an 1/8 of a turn at a time. Snugged it up with a flat head screwdriver and light taps with a hammer.
Everything else went quick and smooth. Even the bending of the water lines (which I thought would be the real PITA) took about 5 min. tops.
I wish I had taken pictures and did a walkthrough but it was my first time and just wanted to pay as much attention as I could to what I was doing.
You should be fine. Just go slow and make sure you check everything twice before bolting it all back together.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

SAFCII won't start (all stock) help! [View all] , Vandy420a, Jun-14-04 08:23 AM
  RE: SAFCII won't start (all stock) help!, Vandy420a, Jun-14-04 08:29 AM, #1
RE: SAFCII won't start (all stock) help!, chrysler kid, Jun-14-04 09:17 AM, #2
      RE: SAFCII won't start (all stock) help!, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jun-14-04 12:22 PM, #3
           RE: SAFCII won't start (all stock) help!, Vandy420a, Jun-14-04 01:28 PM, #4
                RE: SAFCII won't start (all stock) help!, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jun-14-04 02:12 PM, #5
                     RE: SAFCII won't start (all stock) help!, chrysler kid, Jun-14-04 02:52 PM, #6
                          RE: SAFCII won't start (all stock) help!, Vandy420a, Jun-14-04 03:02 PM, #7
                               RE: SAFCII won't start (all stock) help!, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jun-14-04 04:02 PM #8
                                    RE: SAFCII won't start (all stock) help!, Vandy420a, Jun-14-04 05:54 PM, #9
                                         RE: SAFCII won't start (all stock) help!, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jun-14-04 07:07 PM, #10

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #10551 Previous topic | Next topic