Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #758
View in linear mode

Subject: "The real story with a certain computer (its long)" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
97esiboostedJan-09-06 01:04 PM
Member since Feb 03rd 2005
125 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#758, "The real story with a certain computer (its long)"
Jan-09-06 01:57 PM by 97esiboosted

I’m the one This company is saying tried to “steal” his damn computer. The only reason he said something is because I told him I was going to post the whole story. And I am. From the day I ordered Oct. 25. 6 weeks later I called this guy said that he has not gotten to those orders yet. I said ok. (He did not give me a date of when they would be done). So at eight weeks I call back, he still could not give me a date of when it would be done .So I talked it over with my wife and decided that I didn’t want or need the computer so I try to cancel (and of course This guy has no record of this) and he says “no I will not let you” and I informed him of his own policy “orders must be cancel prior to shipping.” This guy had not even made I,t nor did he have the parts. So I filed a dispute with the BBB and with my credit card company. They opened an investigation and decided I was in the right, and that “This company” was in the wrong. It was a week and a half later, I had my money back that This guy said no. The reason “This guy” is saying I tried to steal it is 9 days after I got my money back and This company shipped the computer out. When I saw this, I called fed ex and refused it because I got my money back and I did not pay for it. I don’t think you can call it stealing if I refused it???? But that is just me and now for the proof witch this guy did not supply. And if “This guy wants to say that I never refused the order, I have the confirmation number from Fed Ex to prove it. http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?action=track&tracknumbers=048681560103235&.

Shawn,
You have inadvertently created quite a problem for yourself. I would
like to get the problem solved before it gets into the courts. In West
Virginia retracting payment on an item ordered after it was shipped is a
felony, under West Virginias mailorder law. Your item was shipped on FedEx Tracking Number 048681560103235, in
accordance with our last phone call with you. Today at your request
$565.35 was taken from our account. That created a criminal act on your
part, and I don't believe it was intentional or you even realized that
would happen. Because of the Holiday weekend, I can hold off talking to
law enforcement giving you a chance to fix everything first. Least I
can do since it took a little longer than expected to get, but take care
of it quickly.Probably all you have to do is call the number on the back of your
credit card, and inform them you didn't realize it was shipped. Enjoy your computer, and let me know when you have it fixed.
This guy

My repaly

This guy,

I had filed a complaint with my credit card company and the better business bureau the day after I had talked to you and told you that I was canceling my order. On my end, the order was cancelled. The credit card company filed a dispute and gave me my money back on 12/20. We thought the matter had been dissolved since the credit card company has to contact the vendor in their investigation and we received our money back so we assumed that you knew about it. You did not ship the computer out until 12/29. This is 9 days after we got our money back. We have documentation of all of this.
After we received the shipping information yesterday, we called our credit card company to inform them of what had just happened. They informed us that we did nothing wrong and we are in accordance with the law. The agreement stated on your website stated that the buyer must cancel the order before the item was shipped. I had cancelled my order long before that on the phone directly with you. I have saved the page from your website stating the conditions about the cancellation policy and had it on my computer before you misplaced it off of your site. I did nothing wrong. I was playing by your rules even when you chose not to.
I no longer need or want the computer as I told you when I cancelled my order. I am on vacation right now, but will be back home on the 5th of Jan. You can write me back or call me to arrange for the item to be shipped back to you. If you have any more questions, I would be happy to discuss them with you. But know that I have documentation of all these events and I have done nothing illegal. I have made sure of that.
Thank you Shawn,

Keep in mind, your credit card company is not located in WV, so they are unfamilar with our laws. The credit card companies are not held liabile for their mistakes in what they told you. That is a real shame. Shawn, I fight the credit card companies as an advocate on the behalf of consumers, them getting you in trouble with law is very common. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/06/20/eveningnews/main703110.shtml Also please read the rules on special orders, which are not cancelable. Also we didn't recieve any notification from the credit card company until the 31st, after we shipped the item in good faith and in accordence with our policies.
Let me know when you recieve the computer and we will see what kind of arrangement we can come to. I hate when the credit card companies screw their customers over like this.

This guy

This guy,

I have called Fed Ex and refused shipment on the computer. That way, you get your product back and there is no further need to arrange for it to be sent back. The credit card company gave us our money back long before you sent the package out. I am sorry that they waited to inform you of this longer than the time that they informed us in. However, in agreeing to use Visa as a payment method, you also agree to their dispute process and any conclusion that they may arrive at between parties. If you have any complaints with that, I would encourage you to continue fighting the credit card companies that you choose to use in your business. The story in CBS has nothing to do with this situation, and though you are the one that normally has to take the blunt of other peoples stealing, the credit card companies will always help thier customers because they know that in order to have a business in this day and age, you are forced to use them and they don't really have to keep you happy. I am sorry about that too. But in this case, you got your part back, which can be used on any 97 car of the same type, and since you do soo much business with these kind of cars, you should have no problem in using it for someone else. We can both view this as something unfortunate on both parts and we both came out no worse than what we came into it as. I have my money back and you have everything that you started with as well. Thank you for your time. The part should be back in your possession in a few days.
Shawn

This guy

We have a 10% restocking fee, and we want paid for the shipping. We fullfilled our end of the deal, and never backed out. I think this is reasonable, since we expended money at your request.

me
We tried cancelling the order before it was even made. Any work or shipment costs after that fact is on you. There wouldn't be a restocking fee or a shipping expense if you would have been willing to work with us in the first place.

this guy
Shawn,

We worked with you from the begining, and you never cancled the order. You retracted payment. You told us you would be on vaction, and to time delivery the week after new years, which we did as instructed. It would have shipped sooner had you not told us this. Since you didn't live up to your end of the deal, all I'm holding you to is shipping and restocking fees. Which is fair since we did as agreed.
I tried to cancel the order over the phone with you in the beginning of Dec. You told me you would not let me. The only reason that you know that I am on vacation right now is because I told you in an earlier email after you had already shipped the part. I really don't know what you are trying to pull, but I'm not falling for it. You were only instructed to cancel the order. End of story. Everything else you have dreamed up in an attempt to talk me into giving you money for a product that I don't want, don't have and frankly am very unsatisfied with just because you have such poor customer service skills. You are not getting anything from me.
-

If you didn't want the product, you should have never contracted with us to build it, and give us a delivery after the first because you were on vaction. I see know this was nothing more than an attempt to steal the product.

Good day sir.

Think what you want. If I was trying to steal why did i try to cancel? and why did i file a dispute? Why did I get my money back ?? Why did I call fed ex?and why are you getting the part back? You might want to think before you make accusations. Next time someone wants to cancel an order BEFORE its even made you might want to let them. I will be posting this on 2gnt so everyone knows how much of an ass you are and hopefully no one there has to go through this again. Don't accuse a marine of trying to steal. And "know" is now

"Good Day Sir"

One you never tried to cancel, and special orders are not cancelable. Asking for your money back knowing it was being shipped for arrival after the first is standard opporating procedure for cybershoplifters. Once they have a expected delivery date, they claim they never got it in full knowledge it is in transit. They know we do not get the paper work for a time after. We called fedex, they said it is to be delivered, and they they had no information some one asking it be redirected.
-

Shawn,

I sue people for slander. Think before you post slander. I will take it to the fullest extent of the law.

Most of my family are Marines, and I have had Marines be credit card thieves. Unfortunately for our armed forces many judges still give criminals the option of joining the military instead of going to jail. That soils the name of Corp, and other branches.

one" I did try to cancel and you said "no it will be shipped out as soon as i get done with it no sooner" and I ask for my money back before it was ship you again side "no" then I filed a dispute on DEC 8 and got my money back on the 12/20. So that means i asked for my money back well before you every had made it. If you look at the tracking number you will see scents the 29th it is has not moved. and i have a confirmation number form FedEx sayng it is being shipped back to you..
shawn

I'm, looking at the records. I have no record of you calling and asking to cancel it. Only thing we have written down, as note on your order. Deliver after Jan 1, at customers request." That is why we held it and shipped it on the 29th, so it would arrive after the 1st. It had been sitting here for weeks prior to shipping. This is what I don't understand. Look at it from my point of view:

I have note indicating when the item is to be shipped, and after we ship it we get a note saying money was stolen from our account. How should I look at that? I ask my guys and none of them say they spoke with you about cancelling. I'm going by the notes I have written here by my guys.

On our end by the notes, we did everything correctly. You contracted with us to make the computer, we did and shipped it with in the specified time. We did everything that was ask of us.

So I ask you, you tell me how should I look at it. We did everything that was intially ask of us. Give me a call

this guy

]
http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1326

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy

The real story with a certain computer (its long) [View all] , 97esiboosted, Jan-09-06 01:04 PM
  RE: The real story with Howells computer (it long), dsmmyth, Jan-09-06 01:23 PM, #1
RE: The real story with Howells computer (it long), TeamDR1665, Jan-09-06 07:09 PM, #2
      RE: The real story with Howells computer (it long), ModeratoreclipzGST, Jan-09-06 07:18 PM, #3
           RE: The real story with Howells computer (it long), Diceman19, Jan-10-06 03:45 AM, #4
                RE: The real story with Howells computer (it long), thedawg, Jan-10-06 07:58 AM, #5
                RE: The real story with Howells computer (it long), MCubed45, Jan-10-06 09:28 AM, #6
                     RE: The real story with Howells computer (it long), Pitchblack98, Jan-10-06 10:40 AM, #7
                     RE: The real story with Howells computer (it long), scirio, Jan-15-06 09:39 AM, #16
                          RE: The real story with Howells computer (it long), grain, Jan-15-06 06:09 PM, #17
                RE: The real story with Howells computer (it long), 96eclipse2nr, Jan-10-06 01:45 PM, #8
                     RE: The real story with Howells computer (it long), Kirby, Jan-10-06 02:42 PM, #9
                     RE: The real story with Howells computer (it long), totaleklipse97, Jan-10-06 03:20 PM, #10
                     RE: The real story with Howells computer (it long), HadesOmega, Jan-11-06 09:32 AM, #11
                          RE: The real story with Howells computer (it long), TeamDR1665, Jan-11-06 09:59 AM, #12
                     RE: The real story with Howells computer (it long), 96NTeclipse, Jan-11-06 10:23 AM, #13
                          RE: The real story with Howells computer (it long), Diceman19, Jan-11-06 02:50 PM, #14
                               RE: The real story with Howells computer (it long), FuSi0N, Jan-13-06 06:07 AM, #15
                                    RE: The real story with Howells computer (it long), pr0, Jan-15-06 06:33 PM, #18
                                         RE: The real story with Howells computer (it long), jsupetran, Jan-18-06 09:06 PM, #19

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #758 Previous topic | Next topic