Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #49155
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Heart Transplant..." Previous topic | Next topic
Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneNov-02-21 03:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14937 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49160, "RE: Heart Transplant..."
In response to In response to 3

Originally posted by DirtMegirt
Originally posted by DarkOne I'm super curious to know what all was done to that motor and what you found when you tore it down. I was around when it was originally built and that shop did a bunch of shady shit to get it out the door.
Thanks man! It actually sound like you know more about it that I do. Originally, I was shipped the assembled shortblock, a stratus oil pan that had baffles welded in, and some small odds and ends that I wish I could remember what they were. I ditched the stratus pump, sold the pan, and began the teardown. Immediately I found scoring on at least one cylinder wall, so I took the empty block to the machinist who informed me I should look for another one. Unfortunately, I can't remember anything else that stood out. Wasn't the shop that did the build ARD? If I remember correctly, they're the ones who directed me to Polymer Dynamics. What else can you tell me about it?

It was a long time ago, so not much. I remember it had a healthy overbore on it and according to the shop, an stroker crank (offset-ground and welded) and custom rods. I remember nothing about the coatings, except that those dudes loved to coat everything they touched.

I want to say that they reused all the 2.0L brackets by welding tabs onto them, or drilling holes through them, and they broke several times. I remember it had a Stratus oil pump on it and maybe a Venom or OBX intake manifold. Think it was on stock cams. I want to say the original fuel system on it was pretty inadequate (some giant pump, a 1:1, and like... 440's maybe)?

This would have been back in 2003/2004 time frame, maybe? I saw it on the dyno once but don't remember the numbers. I had just blown up my 2.0L motor and was reasonably distracted.

After Brynden sold it, I remember Hujjat had it and tried to keep it together, and I remember something about it being in or at a shop and getting burglarized in a parking lot and a lot of things stolen off the car. I know it bounced around for a while and I think someone here at 2GNT (you?) eventually bought the chassis, but I didn't know / didn't remember what happened to the motor.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Heart Transplant... [View all] , DirtMegirt, Nov-01-21 02:36 PM
  RE: Heart Transplant..., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Nov-01-21 02:53 PM, #1
RE: Heart Transplant..., TeamDR1665, Nov-01-21 03:45 PM, #2
RE: Heart Transplant..., DirtMegirt, Nov-02-21 02:49 PM, #4
RE: Heart Transplant..., DirtMegirt, Nov-02-21 02:46 PM, #3
      RE: Heart Transplant..., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Nov-02-21 03:05 PM #5
           RE: Heart Transplant..., DirtMegirt, Nov-03-21 05:26 PM, #6
                RE: Heart Transplant..., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Nov-03-21 06:53 PM, #7
                     RE: Heart Transplant..., DirtMegirt, Nov-09-21 08:11 AM, #9
RE: Heart Transplant..., ez, Nov-06-21 12:58 AM, #8
RE: Heart Transplant..., DirtMegirt, Nov-09-21 08:28 AM, #10
      RE: Heart Transplant..., TeamDR1665, Nov-09-21 08:54 AM, #11
           RE: Heart Transplant..., DirtMegirt, Nov-06-22 09:37 AM, #12
                RE: Heart Transplant..., megaskillz, Nov-07-22 09:46 AM, #13
                     RE: Heart Transplant..., DirtMegirt, Nov-12-22 09:05 AM, #14

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #49155 Previous topic | Next topic