Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #48743
View in linear mode

Subject: "check out my other project... oh its so wonderful" Previous topic | Next topic
driverx08Apr-21-13 09:54 PM
Member since Mar 20th 2012
9 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48743, "check out my other project... oh its so wonderful"

Im young so sure i love the tuners and my eclipse and looking at getting an evo soon but this... this is my real baby, all american muscle, all motor, all of the punishment and none of the forgiveness... here's my latest weekend and some eye candy.

setup current (before swap)

73 Pontiac Venture
MONSTER 455 big block
port & polish
cam from hell
and all forged internals running 10.5:1 comp ross racing pistons

attached to a TCI turbo 400 3 spd tranny with reverse manual valvebodies and a 2800 rpm stall converter

oh ya... and trans brake equipped with a quarter mile stick

this motor had ball like you could only dream about

only issue was that i could get through full pozzy first and second but third struggled, and i could only lay rolling rubber in 1 and 2

so it was time for the big daddy

bigger nastier 4.5 inch stroker Pontiac 496 BIGGY BLOCK

including but not even slightly limited too...

billet cut stroker crank, eagle long rods, ross racing pistons (11.7:1 comp) valley block braces to stiffen block, Edlebrock D port aluminum heads fully cnc port and polished with gasket matched intake and hooker headers.1.5:1 ratio aluminum roller rockers to go with the .640 high lift long duration custom ground cam and solid roller lifters. high volume oil pump and many other fun power packed toys to go with the block

ALL PARTS SFI certified!

did motor pull and dressed new motor with parts
then installed in car and let me tell you it fit like a glove

Note; motor in car and tranny and headers attached, ran fuel lines and hooked up mechanical fuel pump and oil filter relocation plates with oil cooler, found out that i need to order thicker gaskets to get the valve cover to clear the stud girdles on the roller rockers. so with the smell of the grill calling i placed the order for the gaskets with the speed shop and called it a day ...

motors do look alike but are much different.

some picks of the old and new blocks out of car

Note: thinking about possibly selling the monster 455, less then thousand miles on the build and NO ISSUES period, im just a crazy horsepower junkie.

455 pictures

and now some of the new motor (496 stoker)

thats all i got for now, ill post some more of the finish process after i get the new gaskets in and rebuild the carb for an E85 conversion.

now that i got ya all fired up, go do some crazy stuff to ur rides but please take your time and pay attention to the details, o and be careful!

Ride it hard and put it away wet.

I fix it to abuse it, and abuse it till i find the next weakest link.... my wallet

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #48743 Previous topic | Next topic