Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #47355
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: A Salesman" Previous topic | Next topic
FotowntalonSep-22-11 05:12 PM
Member since Aug 09th 2009
350 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47427, "RE: A Salesman"
In response to In response to 27
Sep-22-11 05:13 PM by Fotowntalon

Tomorrow is Friday, which translates into the slow day for sales. I'm going to do some more research and see what more I can do. But also here are some easier questions that can help me determine what would best suite your guy's needs.

Are you picky on if the rod is all US or would you mind an imported rod?

What kind of WHP would you guys like to be running (avg and highest)?
Our Ultra H beams can handle ~1200, but depending on the numbers and the answer to the first question I may be able to go our compstar route, they hand less whp, but would be much cheaper (if I can do this)

Do you have a link to the (or know which brand) of piston they are using for this set?
If its a JE, Mahle, or Wiseco, I can call up the vendor and see what our costs would be to have the same configurations made and perhaps make it cheaper.

Who all is interested in just Rods vs. Rods + Pistons + Bearings?
The more packaging I can do, the more leeway I have with costs.

Beyond length, would the rest of the measurements be the same for a standard SRT4 rod? Also beyond length, what about measurement differences for a Neon block?
Reason for asking this, if there is a tooling issue I may be able to convince the bigwigs that we can also use the tooling for regular SRT4 rods and Neon rods, opening up a much bigger market.

Some other information I would like to throw out there. There is no way I can foot the bill for vendor at the forums sadly, but if you give me the website I may try to talk to them and see what is up.

I have done more research on Callies Vs Oliver, and seen some Oliver rods, and I can tell you we make a way nicer rod, hell of a lot less tool marks (if any) threads are properly sized to the bolts, among just a few things. I guess a way to think of it (from what I read above) is our Ultra's are competitors to Oliver's, our Compstar line, the competition to Eagles. Our compstars are imported, handle less whp, but we do all the finishing work and balancing in the US and find and discard many defects.

If I had to give a price, My goal (and very rough estimate) would be for $1200-$1450 for 4 Rods (ultra H's) 4 pistons and bearings. Granted this is a jumping off point and the number is very flexible by much of the information I have given (and depending on the cost of pistons).

Lastly (hope I didn't forget anything!) If anyone would like more information on our rods they are welcome to check out our website here --> http://www.callies.com/components/connecting-rods/ Or give me a call at 419-435-2711 and ask for Steve (1-5pm EST). Also if anyone lives close enough to Fostoria (NW Ohio) I would be able to give people a tour of our rod line. Hope this all helps some!

97 Talon ESi 14.943@91.35MPH N/A!
"If you need someone to provide an itemized build of materials and a flowchart to walk you through every build-related question you will need to answer at each step of the process, you shouldn't be playing with cars. "-Driggs

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A Salesman [View all] , Fotowntalon, Sep-06-11 04:06 PM
  RE: A Salesman, Moderatorteklein, Sep-06-11 04:09 PM, #1
RE: A Salesman, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Sep-06-11 04:31 PM, #2
RE: A Salesman, Fotowntalon, Sep-06-11 07:51 PM, #3
      RE: A Salesman, 420agreenvilleSC, Sep-07-11 01:40 PM, #4
           RE: A Salesman, dalesmitsu, Sep-07-11 02:37 PM, #5
                RE: A Salesman, VendorRed90Sev, Sep-08-11 06:22 AM, #6
                     RE: A Salesman, Fotowntalon, Sep-08-11 08:22 AM, #7
                          RE: A Salesman, Fotowntalon, Sep-08-11 08:26 AM, #8
                               RE: A Salesman, Slo2g, Sep-08-11 01:08 PM, #9
                                    RE: A Salesman, Fotowntalon, Sep-08-11 09:45 PM, #10
                                    RE: A Salesman, VendorRed90Sev, Sep-09-11 12:24 AM, #11
                                         RE: A Salesman, Fotowntalon, Sep-09-11 08:47 AM, #12
                                              RE: A Salesman, Slo2g, Sep-09-11 09:47 AM, #13
                                                   RE: A Salesman, Fotowntalon, Sep-09-11 04:38 PM, #14
                                                        RE: A Salesman, Slo2g, Sep-09-11 05:47 PM, #15
                                                             RE: A Salesman, Fotowntalon, Sep-09-11 09:42 PM, #16
                                                                  RE: A Salesman, Slo2g, Sep-09-11 10:29 PM, #17
                                                                       RE: A Salesman, Fotowntalon, Sep-09-11 10:39 PM, #18
                                                                            RE: A Salesman, VendorRed90Sev, Sep-10-11 03:21 AM, #19
                                                                                 RE: A Salesman, Slo2g, Sep-10-11 04:27 AM, #20
                                                                                      RE: A Salesman, VendorRed90Sev, Sep-10-11 05:05 AM, #21
                                                                                           RE: A Salesman, Fotowntalon, Sep-10-11 09:40 AM, #22
                                                                                                RE: A Salesman, VendorRed90Sev, Sep-11-11 05:16 PM, #23
                                                                                                     RE: A Salesman, Fotowntalon, Sep-12-11 09:43 PM, #24
                                                                                                          RE: A Salesman, Slo2g, Sep-13-11 04:46 PM, #25
                                                                                                               RE: A Salesman, Slo2g, Sep-22-11 09:20 AM, #26
                                                                                                                    RE: A Salesman, Fotowntalon, Sep-22-11 12:02 PM, #27
                                                                                                                         RE: A Salesman, Fotowntalon, Sep-22-11 05:12 PM #28
                                                                                                                              RE: A Salesman, Fotowntalon, Sep-22-11 09:59 PM, #29
                                                                                                                                   RE: A Salesman, Slo2g, Sep-22-11 10:44 PM, #30
                                                                                                                                        RE: A Salesman, Fotowntalon, Sep-23-11 02:58 PM, #31
                                                                                                                                             RE: A Salesman, Slo2g, Sep-23-11 11:45 PM, #32
                                                                                                                                             RE: A Salesman, Fotowntalon, Sep-24-11 03:00 PM, #33
                                                                                                                                             RE: A Salesman, Fotowntalon, Sep-29-11 12:22 PM, #34
                                                                                                                                             RE: A Salesman, Moderatorteklein, Sep-29-11 02:10 PM, #35
                                                                                                                                             RE: A Salesman, Fotowntalon, Sep-29-11 02:24 PM, #36
                                                                                                                                             RE: A Salesman, Moderatorteklein, Sep-29-11 02:25 PM, #37
                                                                                                                                             RE: A Salesman, Fotowntalon, Sep-29-11 02:30 PM, #38

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #47355 Previous topic | Next topic