Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #45178
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Would you pay in advance to attend a regional meet?" Previous topic | Next topic
djtrickeeSep-21-10 04:19 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45187, "RE: Would you pay in advance to attend a regional meet?"
In response to In response to 5

Originally posted by DR1665
First, a little more information on Viva Las Vegas, sir. If it's actually in Vegas, it's not much of a problem to drive there and back over a weekend. (We go a couple times a year, easily.) Second, when you say there isn't enough of a stable scene to support such endeavors, how broad are you considering the scene? I happen to know a forum out there bringing in nearly $200k/year in paid memberships alone (not counting event profits or advertising), so I suspect the market is out there; it's just a matter of tailoring the content to draw that contingent out. Finally, I agree that such events require much more than simple organizing and a post on a forum or two like the usual cruise. Promotion and marketing are critical. I'd also like to ensure my events would be streamed online to provide opportunities for virtual attendees to participate in some ways. I am not looking to organize DSM meets. I am not looking to organize Evo meets. At a minimum, these events will be tailored to entire brand communities. One of the biggest challenges will be devising events which are enjoyable to owners of all types of cars - DSM/EVO/Galant/Colt/Montero and so on. Could a single event cater to all pursuits? Not likely, but "something for everyone" isn't the impossible dream. I hear what you're saying. It's not that such events are impossible, just that our track record (the DSM community in general) doesn't have a track record sufficient to instill a great deal of confidence to make such a pursuit easy. Just one of the challenges I face with this venture. Thanks for the feedback. Wiki wiki.

I was basing my analysis on the DSM scene that I have seen in the past 10 years I have been a part of it. I have seen the import scene come and mostly go and even more so now for the DSM specific market. I never attended any of the shootouts (although I thought about it) as there wasn't enough draw for me to risk driving across the country and using up vacation time to drive both ways. Now more than ever, the import scene is lackluster at best and I can attribute some of that lost interest in my growing older for sure, but the scene in general is obviously less active than ever.

Viva Las Vegas is the biggest Rat rod/Kustom event in the country right now with cars coming from every state and even across the waters from Norway, Sweden, Britain etc. Its a three day event that easily sells out each year and the car show(s) associated with it easily fill up months before the event.
While this is not an event that is similar to the one you are thinking of, it is a shining example that such ideas can be brought to fruition and sucessfully pull in enthusiasts by the thousands.

http://www.vivalasvegas.net/vlv14/

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Would you pay in advance to attend a regional meet? [View all] , TeamDR1665, Sep-20-10 04:51 PM
  RE: Would you pay in advance to attend a regional meet?, Moderatorteklein, Sep-20-10 06:03 PM, #1
RE: Would you pay in advance to attend a regional meet?, RoninEclipse2G, Sep-20-10 06:05 PM, #2
RE: Would you pay in advance to attend a regional meet?, TeamDR1665, Sep-20-10 06:07 PM, #3
      RE: Would you pay in advance to attend a regional meet?, djtrickee, Sep-20-10 08:10 PM, #4
           RE: Would you pay in advance to attend a regional meet?, TeamDR1665, Sep-21-10 12:30 PM, #5
                RE: Would you pay in advance to attend a regional meet?, djtrickee, Sep-21-10 04:19 PM #6
                     RE: Would you pay in advance to attend a regional meet?, TeamDR1665, Sep-21-10 05:57 PM, #7
                          RE: Would you pay in advance to attend a regional meet?, djtrickee, Sep-21-10 06:24 PM, #8
                               RE: Would you pay in advance to attend a regional meet?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Sep-21-10 06:33 PM, #9
                                    RE: Would you pay in advance to attend a regional meet?, electrohead, Sep-21-10 08:12 PM, #10
                                         RE: Would you pay in advance to attend a regional meet?, TeamDR1665, Sep-22-10 10:08 AM, #11
                                              RE: Would you pay in advance to attend a regional meet?, ModeratorVX100, Sep-25-10 05:19 PM, #12
                                              RE: Would you pay in advance to attend a regional meet?, cms, Oct-01-10 07:26 PM, #13
                                                   RE: Would you pay in advance to attend a regional meet?, TeamDR1665, Oct-05-10 03:36 PM, #14
                                                        RE: Would you pay in advance to attend a regional meet?, djtrickee, Oct-06-10 08:44 PM, #15
                                                             RE: Would you pay in advance to attend a regional meet?, cms, Oct-08-10 08:50 PM, #16

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #45178 Previous topic | Next topic