Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #2767
View in linear mode

Subject: "SCCA questions" Previous topic | Next topic
nonameratFeb-08-06 04:55 PM
Member since Sep 22nd 2004
190 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2767, "SCCA questions"

I was thinking about getting into some autox this season but I have some questions that I couldn't find clear answers to on their site.

1. How do they tell what class you are in? Do you have to figure it out and tell them or do they look at your car before each event. I want to race in the lowest class I can because I have never raced before and the Talon is slow. The best I can tell is it would be in the STS class which is fine and sounds right for a basic 2GNT. The problem is in the book it says that crankscrapers and windage trays are NOT allowed. I will not race without the windage tray due to oil issues so what would that bump me up to? Street prepared? I don't really feel like racing up againts a bunch of V8s and turbos. Are they harsh on checking, could I just not mention the windage tray or would that not be a good idea? I also don't think the OBX header is emission compliant. It says its "CARB exempt".

2. How do I pay? Do I have to register? Ive seen a $74 sign up fee for membership and a $50 one for under 21 years old. Are those just for memberships or is that required to race? Is each race a seperate fee?

3. If there are any wizzes with SCCA rules this is what will be done to the car by the time I am ready to race. What classes should I/Could I race in. 5-way adjustable struts, lowering springs, camber kit, 7.5in rims, 215 wide tires, crankscrapper/windage tray, OBX header, AEM cai, Bored TB, strut bars, maybe GSX brakes if I have the money.

Sorry for the long stupid post but I looked for hours on the SCCA site and just couldn't find good answers so thanks for anyone that can help!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

SCCA questions [View all] , nonamerat, Feb-08-06 04:55 PM
  RE: SCCA questions, injendsm, Feb-08-06 05:31 PM, #1
RE: SCCA questions, Collente, Feb-09-06 06:00 AM, #2
      RE: SCCA questions, nonamerat, Feb-09-06 07:14 AM, #3
           RE: SCCA questions, ScreaminE, Feb-09-06 07:41 AM, #4
           RE: SCCA questions, Moderator992gnt, Feb-09-06 07:47 AM, #5
           RE: SCCA questions, nonamerat, Feb-09-06 11:20 AM, #7
           RE: SCCA questions, Hult250R, Feb-09-06 11:20 AM, #6
                RE: SCCA questions, Moderator992gnt, Feb-09-06 02:27 PM, #8

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #2767 Previous topic | Next topic