Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #1737
View in linear mode

Subject: "Help me out with auto painting supplies" Previous topic | Next topic
DSMxTSiJan-24-06 03:59 AM
Old School 2GNTer
217 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1737, "Help me out with auto painting supplies"

I took autobody repair/refinishing nearly 10 years ago in school. I've been researching the net for info but am finding that the industry has gone way beyond what I remember. The basics are still there, but there seems to be so much more air gun technology now.
Can anyone that's successfully painted their car in a garage help me out?
Jenni wants a Buddy Club 2 kit on the Spyder, but we can't afford to have it professionally sprayed. She's been trying to talk me into painting it myself, but I've been leary of doing it in our garage for the sake of dirt/dust particles getting into the paint.
What have you guys used to get a nice paint job accomplished? I'm not looking for a show winner, just something that looks as good as it does now. As in no fish eyes and crap. We're thinking about wrapping the garage interior with plastic after the body work is complete. Is there some sort of home/garage air filter that works good at getting the air contaminants out?
I want to get a HVLP gravity feed gun for the base and clear coats, and just a suction feed gun for any primer or sealer that may be needed. Is Devilbiss still the #1 choice or are there any other better/cheaper options for the DIYer.
We have a decent, but cheap, air compressor from Harbour Freight. I'm not too concerned about it getting the job done, but we've got a buddy nearby with a much better compressor if needed.
If there are any other tips please let us know, we're looking for as much info as possible.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Help me out with auto painting supplies [View all] , DSMxTSi, Jan-24-06 03:59 AM
  RE: Help me out with auto painting supplies, DSBLK93GT, Jan-24-06 05:37 AM, #1
RE: Help me out with auto painting supplies, DSMxTSi, Jan-24-06 07:14 AM, #2
      RE: Help me out with auto painting supplies, 95_ESi_Person, Jan-24-06 07:39 AM, #3
           RE: Help me out with auto painting supplies, eclpsmoneypit95, Jan-24-06 08:10 AM, #4
                RE: Help me out with auto painting supplies, 95_ESi_Person, Jan-24-06 09:13 AM, #5
                     RE: Help me out with auto painting supplies, Keith2172, Jan-25-06 08:28 AM, #6
                          RE: Help me out with auto painting supplies, 95_ESi_Person, Jan-25-06 10:02 AM, #7
                               RE: Help me out with auto painting supplies, ashaleenicole, Jan-25-06 11:49 AM, #8
                                    RE: Help me out with auto painting supplies, 95_ESi_Person, Jan-25-06 12:32 PM, #9
                                         RE: Help me out with auto painting supplies, Keith2172, Jan-25-06 12:51 PM, #10
                                         RE: Help me out with auto painting supplies, DSMxTSi, Jan-25-06 12:57 PM, #11
                                         RE: Help me out with auto painting supplies, optikal, Jan-25-06 12:58 PM, #12
                                              RE: Help me out with auto painting supplies, DSMxTSi, Jan-26-06 07:31 AM, #13

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #1737 Previous topic | Next topic