Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #12093
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang." Previous topic | Next topic
CustomGSJul-13-06 11:22 AM
Member since Jul 15th 2004
668 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12230, "RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang."
In response to In response to 19

Originally posted by DR1665
Until you have a mildly modified 302 breathing through twin GT28s and Flowmasters, a capable suspension system, beefy brakes, and fat rollers with quality rubber that can keep it all stuck to the road, there is only one color for that car - flat black. And before any of you scoff at the thought of turbocharging a 5.0, let me just say it's an almost unearthly sound when it comes into boost. Perhaps one of the sickest cars I have ever seen. We're talking sub-ten second ET, 700whp range. Shit. Go with a pair of 20Gs. Be different. Think about it, you take the exterior flat black on the cheap for now, so that it looks all sinister and evil. Source your parts and then, when it's all ready to be installed, you strip the car down and give it a high gloss black paint job, maybe with twin stripes in any of the colors you've already mentioned - the slate blue/grey on the Eclipse, the 350 blue, the Mazda orange, even the deep, metalflake red - against the high gloss black, just about any color you choose will pop. Tie that super expensive color to accesories in the engine bay and cabin. This will give you a menacing, evil, black car for the CBCC, but all the tasteful splashes of color here and there will all tie in beautifully and really stand out. People will love the color, but the car won't be some wild-ass carnie ride. Oh yeah, and it will induce temporary blindness at WOT resulting in panties being dropped on command. Just my two cents...

Love it! I know what you mean with the turbo 5.0. When i said FI that is what i had in mind. I think i will just put mean rims and exhaust on it first. Then change the stance to a little more aggressive one. Then dump loads of cash into the engine bay and electronics. Paint being the last thing. Thanks for the wake up call brian, where were you when i started my eclipse. Black with copper stripes sounds good.

Originally posted by BDTalon
PINK!..... BMW Blue (ocean mist blue?)

Thats what my girlfriend said. But then again she looks like a hotter version of Barbie so thats to be expected. lol (j/k babe)

Chris
---------------------------------------

98 Eclipse GS 5 spd- sold
95 Camaro Z28
64.5 Mustang 302 3spd

Originally posted by DR1665
Sometimes, you don't need to pull away to win. You just need to show them they have nowhere to run.

Originally posted by Nine5eclipse03
No, but one time i tried to pee over a car, and pooped my pants.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Color suggestions for my Mustang. [View all] , CustomGS, Jul-10-06 11:00 AM
  RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., Nine5eclipse03, Jul-10-06 12:36 PM, #1
RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., youkickedmydog, Jul-10-06 12:53 PM, #2
      RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., Keith2172, Jul-10-06 01:35 PM, #3
           RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., totaleklipse97, Jul-10-06 03:37 PM, #4
                RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., CarbonFiberRST, Jul-10-06 07:59 PM, #5
                     RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., SpreadEagle, Jul-10-06 09:46 PM, #6
                     RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., cougar694u, Jul-11-06 02:47 AM, #7
                          RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., CustomGS, Jul-11-06 04:15 AM, #8
                               RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., Keith2172, Jul-11-06 05:45 AM, #9
                                    RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., Blizare, Jul-11-06 06:35 AM, #10
                                         RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., mike_d, Jul-11-06 06:42 AM, #11
                                              RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., burntheblobs, Jul-11-06 03:24 PM, #12
                                                   RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., eclipse_99rs, Jul-11-06 03:39 PM, #13
                                                        RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., HipHop615, Jul-11-06 08:31 PM, #14
                                                             RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., Blizare, Jul-12-06 06:48 AM, #15
                                                                  RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., CustomGS, Jul-12-06 12:21 PM, #16
                                                                       RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., dsmmyth, Jul-13-06 06:30 AM, #17
                                                                            RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., Blizare, Jul-13-06 07:28 AM, #18
                                                                                 RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., TeamDR1665, Jul-13-06 08:34 AM, #19
                                                                                      RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., BDTalon, Jul-13-06 09:35 AM, #20
                                                                                      RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., CustomGS, Jul-13-06 11:22 AM #21

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #12093 Previous topic | Next topic