Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #9901
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: squeaking rear suspension?? when its hot temp outside..." Previous topic | Next topic
iamnotwhoiamJun-12-02 06:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9904, "RE: squeaking rear suspension?? when its hot temp outside..."
In response to In response to 2

well at each joint of the suspension that moves ther are bushings, which are normally made of rubber that go in between the joints to help create a little flex and absorb the conditions in the road as the suspension pieces travel and the car moves. these bushings can fail as rubber will dry out after time or become worn, but can also create noises when they are rubbed or twisted as the suspension parts move.. rubber was typically used for its softness and that it didnt create much noise, so im not sure why yours would, but its possible.. mine squeak considerably, but it is because i had all mine replaced on the entire car with aftermarket ones that are made from urethane which is a harder material that resists flex, but tend to squeak mainly when its really cold.

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

squeaking rear suspension?? when its hot temp outside... [View all] , 337eclipse, Jun-05-02 03:38 PM
  RE: squeaking rear suspension?? when its hot temp outside..., iamnotwhoiam, Jun-06-02 01:35 AM, #1
RE: squeaking rear suspension?? when its hot temp outside..., gilee_8, Jun-12-02 12:38 AM, #2
      RE: squeaking rear suspension?? when its hot temp outside..., iamnotwhoiam, Jun-12-02 06:49 AM #3

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #9901 Previous topic | Next topic