Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #962
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: rear lower STB" Previous topic | Next topic
BLKOUTMar-02-01 03:36 PM
Old School 2GNTer
218 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#966, "RE: rear lower STB"
In response to In response to 3

Really the only part of installing the bushings which would cost money is the actual removal of the old bushings. You have to have the old ones pressed out, but this shouldn't cost that much. I am lucky in that I know someone with a press so I will get it done pretty cheap if not free. Other than that, everything else should be able to be done by anyone. One hard thing that I will say is removing the lower front control arms. You have to take the ball joint loose and in case you've never looked at it, it's almost impossible to get to. I'm installing mine now that the engine & tranny are out of the car. With no axles in the way, it's easy to get to the ball joints. Even with all the work involved, I would definitley recommend this to some one who was looking to tighten up the suspension. These bushings are sweet, and the kit comes with everything except motor mounts & sway bar bushings. Both of these are available seperatly though. The master kit even includes shifter mount bushings. Back to the RLTB though, I guess since I installed mine and then never removed it to compare I've never really noticed it being there. I'm sure it does help some though.
Joe
97 GS w/ Hahn stage 2
Keep cruisin' & keep the shiny side up.
http://joeseclipse.homestead.com

Yeah I got two tens in the back...two ten pound bottles!!!!

Joe
97 GS w/ HRC stage 2 +

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

STB's or sway??? [View all] , Irfan, Mar-01-01 07:09 PM
  RE: STB's or sway???, Hoot, Mar-02-01 06:01 AM, #1
RE: STB's or sway???, BLKOUT, Mar-02-01 11:18 AM, #2
      rear lower STB, Skrilla, Mar-02-01 02:16 PM, #3
           RE: rear lower STB, BLKOUT, Mar-02-01 03:36 PM #4

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #962 Previous topic | Next topic