Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #8630
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: brake problems" Previous topic | Next topic
97eclipseRSApr-16-02 07:21 AM
Old School 2GNTer
940 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8635, "RE: brake problems"
In response to In response to 4

well i finally had to go take it to a shop....absolute last resort. those things were on there tight, and they pretty much had to wreck the bolts to get them off. they had new ones there at the shop though. this is the first time since i've owned the car that i've had to change the brakes, so i don't know who stripped the bolts last. i bought it directly from satan. now i've only driven a couple of miles on the new pads(metal masters) and rotors(powerslotts) so i know that they have to break in before they'll really work well, but i can't lock the weels up at all. in other words no matter how hard i press they won't skid. i didn't try it too many times b/c i didn't want to burn them, but is that normal. also, if i press down fairly hard on the petal it will hit the floor. it feels kind of mushy. there was no need to bleed the brakes, so the system wasn't really touched at all, so i don't see why there is more play. the shop said that it's b/c the rotors and pads are new and they had to break in, but i can't see why that would make the pedal feel softer. anyone else that has more experience w/ brakes have any idea?

BTW - while the car was on the lift i decided to look up and check on the new HG that satan replaced, and the crank sensor is still leaking!! and i told them specifically to make sure they changed that. this might be why i've been using so much oil lately.

- Dan

HRC Stage 2|30lb injectors|S-FMU|Walbro255HP|AFX UDP|B&M Short Shifter w/ Symborski Shift Kit|Rear Strut Bar|Power Slot Rotors|more...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

brake problems [View all] , 97eclipseRS, Apr-15-02 09:44 AM
  RE: brake problems, TeamXtremeRS, Apr-15-02 09:49 AM, #1
RE: brake problems, 97eclipseRS, Apr-15-02 10:02 AM, #2
      RE: brake problems, 97eclipseRS, Apr-16-02 02:02 AM, #3
           RE: brake problems, JohnnyCorona, Apr-16-02 05:04 AM, #4
                RE: brake problems, 97eclipseRS, Apr-16-02 07:21 AM #5
                     RE: brake problems, JohnnyCorona, Apr-16-02 08:56 AM, #6
                          RE: brake problems, 97eclipseRS, Apr-16-02 11:46 AM, #7
                               RE: brake problems, TeamXtremeRS, Apr-16-02 12:38 PM, #8
                               RE: brake problems, TeamDeanoD, Apr-16-02 12:39 PM, #9
                                    RE: brake problems, 97eclipseRS, Apr-17-02 12:41 AM, #10
                                         RE: brake problems, jZa, Apr-17-02 11:52 AM, #11
                                              RE: brake problems, 97eclipseRS, Apr-17-02 12:39 PM, #12
                                                   RE: brake problems, TeamDeanoD, Apr-17-02 12:46 PM, #13
                                                        RE: brake problems, 97eclipseRS, Apr-17-02 01:12 PM, #14

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #8630 Previous topic | Next topic