Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #781
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: apples and oranges" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorjuanFeb-16-01 01:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
817 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#788, "RE: apples and oranges"
In response to In response to 4

LAST EDITED ON 16-Feb-01 AT 06:32 PM (PST)

I did not notice any difference with my front STB (cheap Taiwan style) on or off. In fact, I took it out as I find it more of a benefit to have easy access to the oil cap. I believe top STBs don't do a whole lot on a stock suspension car. There is enough slop in the suspension bushings to take up any movement before chassis stiffness even comes into play.

This is a bit of a religious argument, however, and a lot of people believe they feel a change after they install a particular part because they spent money on it. Sort of a psyhosomatic thing - you feel it cause your brain thinks it should. Only way to know for sure if people can tell there was a change is by using one of these two techniques:

- have a professional driver run several laps on a track without the mod, then install it and observe for any changes in lap times.

- do a double blind experiment, where someone installs the bar without you knowing about it and see if you notice anything afterwards.

I do have the ES shock tower bushings installed now, which are much stiffer than stock, so I might actually notice an improvement. But I'm gonna wait till I can get a really stiff STB like RREs tubular steel ones. Those flimsy tubular aluminum kinds are more for looks than function, IMO.

juan

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Lower Rear Tie Bar [View all] , trickedeclipse, Feb-15-01 03:04 PM
  I have one..., Skrilla, Feb-15-01 03:50 PM, #1
RE: Lower Rear Tie Bar, TeamJasonESi_T, Feb-16-01 03:41 AM, #2
RE: Lower Rear Tie Bar, js99rs, Feb-16-01 06:16 AM, #3
      apples and oranges, TeamDeanoD, Feb-16-01 07:43 AM, #4
           RE: apples and oranges, Team96NOS_Eclipse, Feb-16-01 08:49 AM, #5
           RE: apples and oranges, TeamJasonESi_T, Feb-16-01 09:00 AM, #6
           RE: apples and oranges, Moderatorjuan, Feb-16-01 01:29 PM #7
           RE: apples and oranges, TeamMichael_97RS, Feb-18-01 03:23 PM, #8
                Do you have a totally stock suspension, TeamDeanoD, Feb-19-01 01:43 AM, #9
                     RE: Do you have a totally stock suspension, TeamMichael_97RS, Feb-19-01 04:12 AM, #10
                          I would not have believed it,, TeamDeanoD, Feb-19-01 10:42 AM, #11

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #781 Previous topic | Next topic