Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #626
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Ground Controls... Help!" Previous topic | Next topic
SkrillaFeb-04-01 04:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#627, "RE: Ground Controls... Help!"
In response to In response to 0

Q. You can choose your own spring rates so I have no idea what to get. I have sportlines right now and have no idea what the spring rates are for these (i heard something like 180F/150R).

A. I'll check my spring rates tomorrow for you but Mine are pretty tough, since they were the GC for the Galant weight.

Q. I have tockics illuminas i'd like to use with them.

A. These are about the best you could get unless you went with Total Coilover spring/shock setup which are about $1100. Aside from that this is the best you can do as well as the setup I have.

Q. I hear you need to cut your bump stops to get them on. Is that right? Why if so?

A. Not necessary but I would sugggest cutting them in half instead of completely eliminating them. It's to allow more suspension travel since this new setup is stiffer and travel is a lil' shorter

Q. How hard are they to lower/raise? What price am i looking at?

Simple by using a simple screw driver or wrench and depending on what you get (they can tell you though) but you defintely need to find your desired height and leave it there because each adjustment changes your alignment, and we all know you don't want that. Then use your Illuminas to adjust dampening and rebound/stiffness (all in the 5 different selections on the shock tower). I think you should start at 1 and work your way up but being sure to try different settings in the front and rear pairs.

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology is the Only Substitute for Displacment"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Ground Controls... Help! [View all] , Kory, Feb-04-01 02:18 PM
  RE: Ground Controls... Help!, Skrilla, Feb-04-01 04:12 PM #1

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #626 Previous topic | Next topic