Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #5393
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Noise after lowering" Previous topic | Next topic
iamnotwhoiamJan-09-02 01:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5400, "RE: Noise after lowering"
In response to In response to 6

well the main issue for replacing the bushings is that as far as i know you can't get just one or the bushing by itself from the dealership.. i tried to get a new one.. but i would have had to buy a whole new knuckle with the bushing already in it.. and that was very expensive.. and as far as how hard it is to replace.. its very time consuming even with a press to press out the old and press in the new.. which is very hard to do.. accually i had to burn/saq/chisel the particular one that had blown and the one on the other side.. and that was no fun.. if you were only to replace that one that is blown you probably wont need an alignment but it wouldnt hurt.. for me i had to get an alignment cause the whole suspension had been disassembled and put back together. oh and for that one bushing that was blown it would have taken about 1/4 the total time to get them all done because i had to have alot removed to just get at that one bushing.. hope this helps.. if you are still interested in pursuing a whole new set try http://www.roadraceengineering.com and http://www.suspension.com for prices on the aftermarket bushings, but remember that even though it wont cost much for the bushings themselves, it will cost quite a bit for just the labor for someone else to do it, unless you have some crazy friends with some time on their hands and also know somone with a press cause you will need it.

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Noise after lowering [View all] , madregal, Jan-02-02 02:57 PM
  RE: Noise after lowering, optimuspeterson, Jan-02-02 03:27 PM, #1
RE: Noise after lowering, madregal, Jan-02-02 03:36 PM, #2
      RE: Noise after lowering, 1TuffRS, Jan-02-02 05:17 PM, #3
      RE: Noise after lowering, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jan-02-02 05:29 PM, #4
      RE: Noise after lowering, iamnotwhoiam, Jan-07-02 03:45 AM, #5
           RE: Noise after lowering, madregal, Jan-08-02 09:03 AM, #6
                RE: Noise after lowering, iamnotwhoiam, Jan-09-02 01:21 AM #7
                     RE: Noise after lowering, madregal, Jan-09-02 03:59 AM, #8
                          RE: Noise after lowering, iamnotwhoiam, Jan-09-02 05:03 AM, #9

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #5393 Previous topic | Next topic