Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #5372
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: scorcher T/A or yokohama parada (pix in side)" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamAvengerJan-03-02 03:37 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5377, "RE: scorcher T/A or yokohama parada (pix in side)"
In response to In response to 4

Hmm ... yes Scorchers bad ... very bad ... yes they are. I bought them with my rims about 2 years ago. I still have them on because I replace one every so often that I still have tread on all of them ... sad isn't it (but thank goodness for lifetime road hazard ... saved me like ~$500). Currently the RF tire is 4 months old, LF 3 months old, and both rears are the originals. The LF has had to be replaced twice the RF just once. One of those times can be attributed to one gigantic pot hole ... actually tore a hole in the tire that grew bigger trying to get home (but the rim survived) but the other two both had sidewall failures (steel belts broke and the tire had a "tumor" on the side ... once was inside of the tire once outside of tire). They were fine for about the first year I had them then it's been downhill since. I'm getting some Kuhmo's at the end of the month to replace them ... can't be any worse. They are difinitely not worth the $150/tire I paid for them but they definitely get you noticed (you don't know how many people ask about them damn tires!!).

BTW, they are kept properly inflated (check every 2 weeks) and rotated (but not recently ... I want the newer ones up front) when all this started happening.

Oh and about rain traction ... um it's non-existant. If the road is past being damp it's like sliding around on your belly on a sheet of ice (I'm exaggerating a little but it is very bad). If the road is wet I can spin the tires for a good while but just flooring it in my AT!! (sometimes that's not a very good thing)

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

scorcher T/A or yokohama parada (pix in side) [View all] , zenkie, Jan-01-02 09:56 AM
  RE: scorcher T/A or yokohama parada (pix in side), Amish_Eclipse, Jan-01-02 02:27 PM, #1
RE: scorcher T/A or yokohama parada (pix in side), vegastoy, Jan-01-02 02:36 PM, #2
      RE: scorcher T/A or yokohama parada (pix in side), Moderatorsd_eclipse, Jan-02-02 02:39 AM, #3
           RE: scorcher T/A or yokohama parada (pix in side), Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jan-02-02 04:45 AM, #4
                RE: scorcher T/A or yokohama parada (pix in side), TeamAvenger, Jan-03-02 03:37 AM #5
                     RE: scorcher T/A or yokohama parada (pix in side), Logic3, Jan-03-02 04:14 AM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #5372 Previous topic | Next topic