Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #4244
View in linear mode

Subject: "installed coilovers, wondering......" Previous topic | Next topic
mrlocalpimpNov-24-01 08:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4518 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4244, "installed coilovers, wondering......"

Hi after days of depression knowing i have an awesome car but i cant even drive it because of my own stupidity of getting involved with the suspension when i didnt know what i was doing, finally the coilovers are installed.

Ok so you nkow how the stock springs touch the perch at the bottom AND the uppermount/cap thing at the top? Well my coilover springs dont. I mounted them by knocking off the perch and putting in the adjustable metal thing in its place. And its lowest setting. The springs sit on that. But the top of them arent near the upper mount/cap thing that connects to the body under the hood. not near it at all. of course when i drop the car off the jack they touch it, alot, it touches them deep and compresses them. they obviously couldnt come off. but are they supposed to somehow touch it while not being compressed?

I got banned for being a constant tard.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

installed coilovers, wondering...... [View all] , mrlocalpimp, Nov-24-01 08:30 PM
  RE: installed coilovers, wondering......, Teameclipse804, Nov-24-01 09:16 PM, #1
RE: installed coilovers, wondering......, mrlocalpimp, Nov-24-01 09:24 PM, #2

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #4244 Previous topic | Next topic