Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #348
View in linear mode

Subject: "Suspension upgrade for $" Previous topic | Next topic
gzrs99Jan-04-01 05:04 PM
Old School 2GNTer
108 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#348, "Suspension upgrade for $"

Has any one done any cheap suspension upgrade on their RS eclipses. I'm not planning on lowering my RS(it's not an option).
Currently, I have front and rear strut bars installed and front antisway bushings.I have parts for installing a antsway bar for the RS. Currently, I'm waiting for the weather to clear. Any one done the rear swaybar upgrade how easy was it? how long did it take? any problems? Is there an easier method?

One more question will welding a metal plate on the Rear lower control arms for reinforcement a good idea? Will it cause handling problems or weaken the control arms.
The reason , I had purchaced a set from a local Non - mitsu dealer (Big mistake) can't return it special order. I ended with a set on RLCA's from a GS model and NOT A GST. Well I went to a local welding shop requested to weld some metal plates for reinforcement(used a photo what the finished product should look like). Now RLCA's feel heavy @3lbs +. Was it a big mistake.???? Should I purchase another set.

Any help appreciated.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Suspension upgrade for $ [View all] , gzrs99, Jan-04-01 05:04 PM
  RE: Suspension upgrade for $, TeamMichael_97RS, Jan-05-01 02:22 AM, #1
RE: Suspension upgrade for $, gzrs99, Jan-06-01 02:45 AM, #2

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #348 Previous topic | Next topic