Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33432
View in linear mode

Subject: "Help/Suggestion for my brake problem...." Previous topic | Next topic
CyexmasterOct-16-11 09:16 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
324 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33432, "Help/Suggestion for my brake problem...."

Well to start off I will state my brake setup.

GSX front calipers
braided steel lines front only (goodridge)
ceramic wearever pads front and rear (advance auto)
Slotted rotors all around (front ones are the GSX one's) got them on ebay not sure what brand but most likely replacement rotors that got slotted after...

My problem first showed it self after doing a hard pull while racing... I just about red lined at 4th so that's easy more than 130mph and tried to stop while going downhill. Brakes felt spongy and did little to no braking, I had to down shift to help the braking but I still could not come to a complete stop in the distance I wanted.... And obviously lots of brake pad smell going on....

After that I checked my brake booster and the vac line and check valve, it was all good... Fluid also was full...

After that I did two pulls and the car barely stopped even going like 5mph the brakes didnt do much even if I push them all the way...

Seems to me like I'm getting brake fade... but don't know if it is from the brake fluid boiling over or if it is brake pad fade from high temps...

Any suggestions or info on what has worked out for any of you would be very helpful....

I need to solve this becuase having a fast car is no fun if you cant slow it back down.... o_O

Status- Need to do break-in...

Try not to challenge me, I'd rather tie up than lose. Either way you NEVER WIN.... - Me..

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Help/Suggestion for my brake problem.... [View all] , Cyexmaster, Oct-16-11 09:16 PM
  RE: Help/Suggestion for my brake problem...., AdministratorCODE4, Oct-17-11 07:31 AM, #1
RE: Help/Suggestion for my brake problem...., Cyexmaster, Oct-17-11 07:49 AM, #2
      RE: Help/Suggestion for my brake problem...., Cyexmaster, Oct-17-11 07:51 AM, #3
      RE: Help/Suggestion for my brake problem...., Cyexmaster, Oct-17-11 07:51 AM, #4
           RE: Help/Suggestion for my brake problem...., iNoise, Oct-30-11 09:24 AM, #5

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33432 Previous topic | Next topic