Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33203
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: tire/rim size..." Previous topic | Next topic
JFeb-15-11 10:03 PM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33205, "RE: tire/rim size..."
In response to In response to 1

I'm running 225/50R16's on 3rd-gen Rx7 rims (16x8), which isn't the size you're asking about... but my single contribution to this thread will be: it depends if a.) you're lowered, b.) how much, and c.) with CORRECT camber (camber kits front & rear). You may fit @ stock height and/or with bad camber.

Me personally, I actually had to cut the entire lip of rear fenders off w/ dremel, and change spacers from 15mm down to 5mm (I think those are the sizes)... when I got my alignment that is. I'm on Tokico Illuminas, Eibach springs, with Front & Rear Ingalls Camber Correction kits... and my Eclipse is settled very low indeed.

Me and speed bumps don't get along as I scrape/bottom-out my undercarraige. Another sad fact: I can also tell when my tires drop below 30lbs, as I start scraping the speed bumps pretty good in my neighborhood.

- J

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

tire/rim size... [View all] , TurbchargdSpydr, Feb-14-11 10:14 PM
  RE: tire/rim size..., PsychO, Feb-15-11 09:47 PM, #1
RE: tire/rim size..., J, Feb-15-11 10:03 PM #2
      RE: tire/rim size..., TurbchargdSpydr, Feb-16-11 12:29 AM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33203 Previous topic | Next topic