Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33200
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Strange noise in back of car" Previous topic | Next topic
AdministratorCODE4Feb-14-11 08:59 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33201, "RE: Strange noise in back of car"
In response to In response to 0
Feb-14-11 09:00 PM by CODE4

Originally posted by electrohead
I have a very bad feeling that it's my wheel bearing, but everyone I talked to says otherwise.

No offense but unless all the people you spoke with actually inspected your car, those opinions are not worth a damn.

Have you tested for play? The first thing you do is a visual inspection followed by checking for play at any number of the control arms and bushings. Jack the corner up and see what you can come up with. There are plenty of bushings to go bad.

Additionally, how old are the tires on there? You said they have been replaced but how many miles ago? A new tire could have solved the older tire's wear issues, however if a suspension of driveline component is failing, it will immediately begin causing irregular wear to the new tire. Just because you replaced it does not mean it is still good - poor alignment can eat tread in 100 miles or less.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Strange noise in back of car [View all] , electrohead, Feb-14-11 07:54 PM
  RE: Strange noise in back of car, AdministratorCODE4, Feb-14-11 08:59 PM #1
RE: Strange noise in back of car, electrohead, Feb-14-11 09:26 PM, #2
      RE: Strange noise in back of car, eclipserstturbo, Feb-15-11 10:48 PM, #3
           RE: Strange noise in back of car, electrohead, Feb-16-11 11:21 PM, #4
                RE: Strange noise in back of car, eclipserstturbo, Feb-19-11 10:05 AM, #5

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33200 Previous topic | Next topic