Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33196
View in linear mode

Subject: "Alignment issues" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipserstturboFeb-10-11 11:58 PM
Member since Nov 19th 2008
281 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33196, "Alignment issues"

I have a 95' Talon, currently lowered on dropzone 2" lowering springs on stock struts, 215/45-17s. I had the same setup on my eclipse. On the eclipse, my tires would last about a year to a year and a half. Bought some lowering springs from a guy already assembled on stock struts and started eating rear tires every 6 months on the talon. When I switched the dropzones to the talon, it's the same life on the tires, around 6 months.

I've noticed that I have a wierd clunk noise coming from the rear driver side on every bump. Car doesn't bottom out unless I hit one of virginia's many potholes. It's kind of faint, but even cruising down the interstate I can still hear it. I tried bouncing the back to see where the noise was coming from and it looks/ sounds like the upper strut cushion.

So, question is, would that cause my alignment to be that far off. I know my camber is really, really... really bad to begin with, which I plan on doing the rear camber mod to correct some of that, but I've been putting it off since that's my daily driver due to a clogged heater core on the turbo, and my free time is very limited.

To sum it all up, brand new rear driver tire is lasting around 3-4 months, rear passenger around 6 months, and the front two tires, around a year. I have to do the camber mod, but what else can I check that could make a faint clunk noise and cause me to eat tires more than twice as fast. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I CONTRIBUTED TO THE WIKI!
ah... turbo. I love the turbo, the boost, the speed, the sound.
and its all better when you do it yourself. cheaper too.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Alignment issues [View all] , eclipserstturbo, Feb-10-11 11:58 PM
  RE: Alignment issues, AdministratorCODE4, Feb-11-11 04:39 AM, #1
RE: Alignment issues, eclipserstturbo, Feb-15-11 10:57 PM, #2
      RE: Alignment issues, AdministratorCODE4, Feb-16-11 07:46 AM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #33196 Previous topic | Next topic