Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32852
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: How to approach aligment place if I know I have camber problems" Previous topic | Next topic
megaskillzMay-04-10 04:10 PM
Member since Oct 12th 2008
105 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32866, "RE: How to approach aligment place if I know I have camber problems"
In response to In response to 0

Originally posted by gramozeka
Hello, It's been a long time since I posted on here... My car chewed up the inside of my passenger front tire. So if go for an alignment I will hear the story about how the front camber is not adjustable. There are some SPC parts I can by to make front adjustable... but obviously I don't know how much adjustment I need so I can't buy anything now. How should I approach this problem to pay least money? BTW car drives perfectly straight... and I checked all ball joints... everything is in top shape. Is my best approach as follows: 1 Get the car to alignment... pay $65 2 Listen to tech about how camber is not adjustable. 3 Ask how much adjustment needed. 4 Order appropriate part from SPC $?? 5 Pay for install ~$65 6 Do alignment again ... another $65 Any questions suggestions and additional thoughts are welcome...

I know how you feel. I had a similar problem with my rear suspension. I have stock suspension but they told me at the alignment shop that I had 2 degrees of negative camber at the rear on each side. I bought an ingalls rear alignment kit last week and installed it myself. I saved over $100 doing it myself.

My susgestion is:

1. Go to the alignment shop first and have them look at how much camber you have on the front. They are not going to charge you for inspecting it.

2. Then, you can buy a camber kit based on how much adjustment is needed.

3. If you can, install it yourself or have a friend to help you out. Then go back to the shop and get your alignment done.

Trust me. You will have more beer money this way, and you can treat your friend to a beer.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

How to approach aligment place if I know I have camber problems [View all] , gramozeka, Sep-24-10 09:53 PM
  RE: How to approach aligment place if I know I have camber problems, adamzty, Apr-30-10 08:22 AM, #1
RE: How to approach aligment place if I know I have camber problems, Moderatorteklein, May-02-10 06:07 PM, #2
      RE: How to approach aligment place if I know I have camber problems, eclipse9504, May-03-10 07:58 AM, #3
           RE: How to approach aligment place if I know I have camber problems, Moderatorteklein, May-03-10 08:06 AM, #4
                RE: How to approach aligment place if I know I have camber problems, Ebster1085, May-03-10 05:04 PM, #5
                     RE: How to approach aligment place if I know I have camber problems, barza21, May-03-10 06:52 PM, #6
                          RE: How to approach aligment place if I know I have camber problems, gramozeka, May-04-10 08:38 AM, #7
                               RE: How to approach aligment place if I know I have camber problems, Moderatorteklein, May-04-10 10:49 AM, #8
                                    RE: How to approach aligment place if I know I have camber problems, gramozeka, May-05-10 05:30 AM, #10
                                         RE: How to approach aligment place if I know I have camber problems, Moderatorteklein, May-05-10 02:49 PM, #11
RE: How to approach aligment place if I know I have camber problems, megaskillz, May-04-10 04:10 PM #9
RE: How to approach aligment place if I know I have camber problems, gramozeka, Jun-21-10 11:37 AM, #12
      RE: How to approach aligment place if I know I have camber problems, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-21-10 05:42 PM, #13
           RE: How to approach aligment place if I know I have camber problems, gramozeka, Jun-22-10 09:07 AM, #14
                RE: How to approach aligment place if I know I have camber problems, megaskillz, Jun-22-10 01:03 PM, #15
RE: How to approach aligment place if I know I have camber problems, thakid22, Sep-19-10 10:19 AM, #16

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32852 Previous topic | Next topic