Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32468
View in linear mode

Subject: "front suspension/ steering issues" Previous topic | Next topic
bitchmagnetSep-03-09 07:40 PM
Member since Sep 04th 2005
15 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32468, "front suspension/ steering issues"

found a couple old posts but no real answers. i didn't want to resurrect 2002 anyway. my front end has been acting real squirrely for the last 5k miles or so. the car wanders and kind of follows dips and flaws in the road at lower speeds. above 55 or so i get a pretty bad shake in the steering wheel. i've replaced both straight control arms and a tie rod end that seemed loose. had it aligned (stock height), nothing has helped. today on my way home i got a series of clunking noises from the right front. after that the front almost felt like it was dragging and rattled over even small bumps. i got home and found the inner third of the right front tire was worn right down to the belts. (wasn't like that yesterday) i jacked it up and yanked back and forth on the wheel and pried on the ball joints and nothing seems loose yet driving it felt like the front end was going to fall out. any ideas what i should be looking for?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

front suspension/ steering issues [View all] , bitchmagnet, Sep-03-09 07:40 PM
  RE: front suspension/ steering issues, AdministratorCODE4, Sep-03-09 08:48 PM, #1
RE: front suspension/ steering issues, RoninEclipse2G, Sep-04-09 10:52 AM, #2
      RE: front suspension/ steering issues, bitchmagnet, Sep-05-09 09:42 AM, #3
           RE: front suspension/ steering issues, AdministratorCODE4, Sep-05-09 10:53 AM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32468 Previous topic | Next topic