Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32306
View in linear mode

Subject: "SPC ball joint and allignment issues!!! Please read!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
John99RSMay-20-09 05:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#32306, "SPC ball joint and allignment issues!!! Please read!!!"
May-20-09 05:29 PM by John99RS

I did a search on this and couldn't come up with anything that helped so here it goes...

I had an Ingalls front camber kit(anchor bolts) on my car for the longest time that was adjusted out as far as safely possible and the car rode perfectly straight. Even though there was still a slight negative camber in the front, it was dead on straight. Well, since I was buying new tires at the time(about a year ago), I decided to replace this kit with the SPC upper ball joint since it has a lot more adjustment(withought moving the control arm) and also lets you adjust caster if needed, although caster has never been an issue. Well, after an allinment, my best friend and I could not get the car to go straight; the car has a hard pull to the right. All the specs were within range and the front camber was zero...perfectly straight. On paper everything was exactly where it should be, but it still pulls to the right. After doing an allignment 4 times he finally made adjustments to actually pull it left to compensate for the pull to the right.....still pulls right! We gave up out of frustration and I've delt with it until now.

Well, it is now time for new tires because of this problem and I'm not sure what to do here. Should I go with the kit I had before(any recommendations) or try adjusting this kit again when I get my tires? Anyone else using the ball joint kit and having allignment issues?
This really puzzles the hell out of him, because he does allinments all the time(Audi Tech.) and has never had this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and sorry so long.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

SPC ball joint and allignment issues!!! Please read!!! [View all] , John99RS, May-20-09 05:29 PM
  RE: SPC ball joint and allignment issues!!! Please read!!!, eclipse982nrRST, May-20-09 05:40 PM, #1
RE: SPC ball joint and allignment issues!!! Please read!!!, Black Cotton, May-20-09 06:41 PM, #2
      RE: SPC ball joint and allignment issues!!! Please read!!!, John99RS, May-21-09 07:50 AM, #3
           RE: SPC ball joint and allignment issues!!! Please read!!!, Tuxdreamerx, May-23-09 08:36 AM, #4
                RE: SPC ball joint and allignment issues!!! Please read!!!, freelancefool, May-25-09 05:05 AM, #5
                     RE: SPC ball joint and allignment issues!!! Please read!!!, John99RS, May-25-09 10:06 AM, #6
                          RE: SPC ball joint and allignment issues!!! Please read!!!, freelancefool, May-27-09 10:14 AM, #7
                               RE: SPC ball joint and allignment issues!!! Please read!!!, DanKid, Jun-25-09 01:43 PM, #8
                                    RE: SPC ball joint and allignment issues!!! Please read!!!, John99RS, Jun-25-09 01:55 PM, #9
                                         RE: SPC ball joint and allignment issues!!! Please read!!!, John99RS, Sep-07-09 09:13 AM, #10
                                              RE: SPC ball joint and allignment issues!!! Please read!!!, Tuxdreamerx, Sep-07-09 06:24 PM, #11
                                                   RE: SPC ball joint and allignment issues!!! Please read!!!, freelancefool, Sep-07-09 09:01 PM, #12

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32306 Previous topic | Next topic