Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32055
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: ***While Driving, car just starts to shake and then slows down by itself***" Previous topic | Next topic
cmsMar-09-09 03:27 PM
Member since Aug 01st 2003
1092 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32062, "RE: ***While Driving, car just starts to shake and then slows down by itself***"
In response to In response to 5
Mar-09-09 04:06 PM by cms

Originally posted by Warmage12
You said it shook? Would that be a front to back or a side to side? Was this felt in the body of the car, in the steering wheel or both? Have you checked your brake lines for kinks??? Both metal and rubber. You could have a kinked line on one side. If so i would imagine that if you've touched the brake peddle then the fluid would get trapped, when you stop or let it sit that allows the fluid to slowly get released solving the problem. It would happen fast enough for you to not be able to check it unless you see the line, and it would explain both the shake and the car straining... Check the metal lines under your car tooo...there are metal lines down there that could have been pinched. i think if you scrubbed on something or especially if you bottomed out... Just some thoughts...trying to help and all... That last thoughts i have are some sorta strange brake booster failure of some compltetly wierd sort...or like ABS pump mess up, but idk if yours has ABS, and i know nothing about ABS... Other than that i got nothin...

Thanks for all of the info! I will be sure to check the brake lines tonight. Is their anywhere particular that I should look? Is this something that I dont have to have the car lifted to check out? Im not familiar with brakes at all as sad as it is to say. But, I am willing to learn. To answer your questions, it is a side to side shake and you can just kinda feel it in the car which I think has a little influence on the steering wheel shake.

Originally posted by scorpo86
id say brake booster too, my old truck did the same thing. at one point it was so bad when i made it back home i looked at my rotors and they were red ass hell. so i would say brake booster

Lets hope not!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

***While Driving, car just starts to shake and then slows down by itself*** [View all] , cms, Mar-07-09 06:59 PM
  RE: ***While Driving, car just starts to shake and then slows down by itself***, freelancefool, Mar-07-09 07:40 PM, #1
RE: ***While Driving, car just starts to shake and then slows down by itself***, cms, Mar-07-09 07:42 PM, #2
      RE: ***While Driving, car just starts to shake and then slows down by itself***, ez, Mar-08-09 01:14 PM, #3
           RE: ***While Driving, car just starts to shake and then slows down by itself***, cms, Mar-08-09 05:45 PM, #4
                RE: ***While Driving, car just starts to shake and then slows down by itself***, Warmage12, Mar-08-09 09:52 PM, #5
                     RE: ***While Driving, car just starts to shake and then slows down by itself***, scorpo86, Mar-09-09 05:46 AM, #6
                     RE: ***While Driving, car just starts to shake and then slows down by itself***, cms, Mar-09-09 03:27 PM #7
                          RE: ***While Driving, car just starts to shake and then slows down by itself***, Warmage12, Mar-09-09 04:21 PM, #8
                               RE: ***While Driving, car just starts to shake and then slows down by itself***, cms, Mar-09-09 05:17 PM, #9
                                    RE: ***While Driving, car just starts to shake and then slows down by itself***, Warmage12, Mar-10-09 02:15 PM, #10
                                         RE: ***While Driving, car just starts to shake and then slows down by itself***, cms, Mar-16-09 03:06 PM, #11
                                              RE: ***While Driving, car just starts to shake and then slows down by itself***, Slimyjr., Mar-18-09 03:59 PM, #12
                                                   RE: ***While Driving, car just starts to shake and then slows down by itself***, RoninEclipse2G, Mar-18-09 04:10 PM, #13
                                                        RE: ***While Driving, car just starts to shake and then slows down by itself***, cms, Mar-18-09 07:09 PM, #14
                                                             RE: ***While Driving, car just starts to shake and then slows down by itself***, Warmage12, Mar-19-09 06:18 AM, #15

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32055 Previous topic | Next topic