Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32055
View in linear mode

Subject: "***While Driving, car just starts to shake and then slows down by itself***" Previous topic | Next topic
cmsMar-07-09 06:59 PM
Member since Aug 01st 2003
1092 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32055, "***While Driving, car just starts to shake and then slows down by itself***"

To all of those that remember me on here, * Hello! *

And the rest that dont, well, Hello to you as well.

Now down to business. I have a problem that I have no knowledge on how to fix. to let you know, Ive done a half-ass search as to not get beat down for not doing one.

As I was driving (approx. 45mph) I could feel the car starting to work harder then it should (same speed, but bogging as if it were going against some unknown resistance) I then pushed in the clutch and put it in Neutral, the car started to shake a little and come to a stop. I then let it sit for about 10 minutes and continued to drive as if nothing ever happened. The rest of the day it was fine. Ive driven it a couple more times after that when the exact same situation took place. Today, I took it for a drive since the midwest has gotten some much deserved warm weather. I was able to drive it for about 5-10min before I noticed the car starting to work it self hard to keep the same speed, put it in neutral and it just brings itself to a stop. If I sit for about 5min, and drive again, its like nothing happened... at least for the next 5min of driving anyway. So the last time it did that today (which is about every 5 or 10min, I pulled over and was on an incline in a parking lot. I was waiting to let it sit and rest with it in neutral and NO E-Brake.. it stayed right where it was. after sitting there for about 5 minutes, it started to roll backwords as if something was automatically released. I have checked the fluids, ive looked to see if the pad is touching the rotor (it is not) so, I need some advice as to what it could be.

I hope I have been detailed enough! Thanks!!!

-Christopehr

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

***While Driving, car just starts to shake and then slows down by itself*** [View all] , cms, Mar-07-09 06:59 PM
  RE: ***While Driving, car just starts to shake and then slows down by itself***, freelancefool, Mar-07-09 07:40 PM, #1
RE: ***While Driving, car just starts to shake and then slows down by itself***, cms, Mar-07-09 07:42 PM, #2
      RE: ***While Driving, car just starts to shake and then slows down by itself***, ez, Mar-08-09 01:14 PM, #3
           RE: ***While Driving, car just starts to shake and then slows down by itself***, cms, Mar-08-09 05:45 PM, #4
                RE: ***While Driving, car just starts to shake and then slows down by itself***, Warmage12, Mar-08-09 09:52 PM, #5
                     RE: ***While Driving, car just starts to shake and then slows down by itself***, scorpo86, Mar-09-09 05:46 AM, #6
                     RE: ***While Driving, car just starts to shake and then slows down by itself***, cms, Mar-09-09 03:27 PM, #7
                          RE: ***While Driving, car just starts to shake and then slows down by itself***, Warmage12, Mar-09-09 04:21 PM, #8
                               RE: ***While Driving, car just starts to shake and then slows down by itself***, cms, Mar-09-09 05:17 PM, #9
                                    RE: ***While Driving, car just starts to shake and then slows down by itself***, Warmage12, Mar-10-09 02:15 PM, #10
                                         RE: ***While Driving, car just starts to shake and then slows down by itself***, cms, Mar-16-09 03:06 PM, #11
                                              RE: ***While Driving, car just starts to shake and then slows down by itself***, Slimyjr., Mar-18-09 03:59 PM, #12
                                                   RE: ***While Driving, car just starts to shake and then slows down by itself***, RoninEclipse2G, Mar-18-09 04:10 PM, #13
                                                        RE: ***While Driving, car just starts to shake and then slows down by itself***, cms, Mar-18-09 07:09 PM, #14
                                                             RE: ***While Driving, car just starts to shake and then slows down by itself***, Warmage12, Mar-19-09 06:18 AM, #15

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #32055 Previous topic | Next topic