Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31332
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Brakes sticking? Bad vibration, stops quickly in neutral" Previous topic | Next topic
EclipseSixMay-21-08 05:34 PM
Member since Jan 27th 2004
305 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31332, "Brakes sticking? Bad vibration, stops quickly in neutral"
May-21-08 05:36 PM by EclipseSix

So I believe I have a problem with the brakes. At first I thought it was the suspension or wheel related, because my car vibrated badly over 60 mph (mostly the steering wheels and pedals).

After driving it for awhile, I noticed sometimes the problem dissapeared all together. Then I noticed when it came back, the brake pedal had way less range of motion (barely touch it and you could feel it braking, very stiff pedal) and the pedal shook badly and the steering wheel shook. Also when coming to a stop during this problem the pedal vibrated REALLY badly and shook the whole car.

If I get the car up to 70 or 80, often times the problem fades away, the pedal becomes looser, and the car rides like a dream. Sometimes it'll stay this way for a few hours before the problem comes back. Is it possible a caliper pin is stuck, or the caliper itself is going bad, or is this a symptom of a faulty master cylinder?

Before I waste a day tearing all my brakes apart, was wondering if this problem sounded familiar to anyone here.

tia

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Brakes sticking? Bad vibration, stops quickly in neutral [View all] , EclipseSix, May-21-08 05:34 PM
  RE: Brakes sticking? Bad vibration, stops quickly in neutral, mcgyvr, May-22-08 04:14 AM, #1
RE: Brakes sticking? Bad vibration, stops quickly in neutral, RoninEclipse2G, May-22-08 04:44 AM, #2
RE: Brakes sticking? Bad vibration, stops quickly in neutral, EclipseSix, May-22-08 05:23 AM, #3
RE: Brakes sticking? Bad vibration, stops quickly in neutral, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, May-24-08 09:24 AM, #4
RE: Brakes sticking? Bad vibration, stops quickly in neutral, EclipseSix, May-29-08 02:51 AM, #5
RE: Brakes sticking? Bad vibration, stops quickly in neutral, RoninEclipse2G, May-29-08 06:25 AM, #6
RE: Brakes sticking? Bad vibration, stops quickly in neutral, goalie40, Jun-02-08 10:11 AM, #7
RE: Brakes sticking? Bad vibration, stops quickly in neutral, 2GNT_95eclipse, Sep-16-08 05:37 PM, #8

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31332 Previous topic | Next topic