Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #3078
View in linear mode

Subject: "Probably the setup you currently have on" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamDeanoDJul-11-01 02:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3080, "Probably the setup you currently have on"
In response to In response to 1

will do fine. On a loose track, everyone has trouble hooking up and the more control you have over your drifting wide in the turns, the faster your time will be. Over 400 tread rating will not grip at all. You can use them for thrashing on the course if you like, but they are really not a good autoX tire. I researched tires to death and finally put in my order. In a week I will have the ever popular Potenza RE730 at all four corners(225/50ZR16). I was looking for an all around sticky tire that had stiff sidewalls, good steering response, good treadwear and could handle everyday road conditions with the best of them. For STS and daily driving year round, this is it.....at least for around the $100 price range

Buying new high end stuff is not cheap, remember 9/10 driver 1/10 car......at least that is what they say

DeanoD
1997RS-NeverTurbo

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Autocrossing Setups? [View all] , HadesOmega, Jul-02-01 07:42 PM
  RE: Autocrossing Setups?, HadesOmega, Jul-05-01 08:20 PM, #1
Probably the setup you currently have on, TeamDeanoD, Jul-11-01 02:44 PM #2
      RE: Probably the setup you currently have on, TeamMichael_97RS, Jul-12-01 02:17 AM, #3
           RE: Probably the setup you currently have on, Thunderous_Talon, Jul-12-01 02:34 AM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #3078 Previous topic | Next topic