Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #29255
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: ASAP: Tokico Illumina strut doesn't have lip like stock" Previous topic | Next topic
gramozekaMay-09-06 03:19 PM
Member since Aug 16th 2005
327 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29280, "RE: ASAP: Tokico Illumina strut doesn't have lip like stock"
In response to In response to 13

I am a little late... but here is my input. When I was changing struts on my car. one of the bump stops was of the ring... the other three were still there on my old car 150K w original struts all the stoppers were off the rings but still there. The reason some people don't put it there cuz they lower the car and each time they hit a pothole they hit the bump stop so the ride becomes harsh harsh. If you take out or cut the bump stop you get a little more shock travel but you loose the protection for the shock. If I were you I would put them on there, may be you could even attach them to the bottom of the strut not sure if this could hold up. So unless you have a ridiculously low drop they will just jump around on the strut shaft and hopefully will elongate the life of your struts.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
98 Stock Talon ESi
Mods: New spark Plugs NGK, Fresh ATF, K&N, AGX, UDP and ZipTies tieing the strut towers (according to BlackMagic increases my torsional rigidity)
I know spark plugs are not a mod but the car runs so smooth now.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

ASAP: Tokico Illumina strut doesn't have lip like stock [View all] , Max-Eclipse, May-08-06 07:50 AM
  RE: ASAP: Tokico Illumina strut doesn't have lip like stock, dsmmyth, May-08-06 08:12 AM, #1
RE: ASAP: Tokico Illumina strut doesn't have lip like stock, Max-Eclipse, May-08-06 08:26 AM, #2
      RE: ASAP: Tokico Illumina strut doesn't have lip like stock, Jem09, May-08-06 09:11 AM, #3
           RE: ASAP: Tokico Illumina strut doesn't have lip like stock, Max-Eclipse, May-08-06 09:32 AM, #4
                RE: ASAP: Tokico Illumina strut doesn't have lip like stock, Max-Eclipse, May-08-06 11:43 AM, #5
                     RE: ASAP: Tokico Illumina strut doesn't have lip like stock, Jem09, May-08-06 12:09 PM, #6
                          RE: ASAP: Tokico Illumina strut doesn't have lip like stock, Max-Eclipse, May-08-06 12:10 PM, #7
                               RE: ASAP: Tokico Illumina strut doesn't have lip like stock, Byron, May-08-06 03:36 PM, #8
                                    RE: ASAP: Tokico Illumina strut doesn't have lip like stock, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, May-08-06 03:49 PM, #9
                                         RE: ASAP: Tokico Illumina strut doesn't have lip like stock, ModeratorCorbin, May-09-06 04:13 AM, #10
                                              RE: ASAP: Tokico Illumina strut doesn't have lip like stock, Max-Eclipse, May-09-06 05:22 AM, #11
                                                   RE: ASAP: Tokico Illumina strut doesn't have lip like stock, EclipseSix, May-09-06 12:12 PM, #12
                                                        RE: ASAP: Tokico Illumina strut doesn't have lip like stock, Max-Eclipse, May-09-06 02:50 PM, #13
                                                             RE: ASAP: Tokico Illumina strut doesn't have lip like stock, gramozeka, May-09-06 03:19 PM #14
                                                                  RE: ASAP: Tokico Illumina strut doesn't have lip like stock, WickedESi, May-12-06 02:32 PM, #15
                                                                       RE: ASAP: Tokico Illumina strut doesn't have lip like stock, nonamerat, May-15-06 08:11 AM, #16

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #29255 Previous topic | Next topic