Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #28973
View in linear mode

Subject: "Slotted/ drilled rotors making noise....." Previous topic | Next topic
red-cruzer99Mar-19-06 12:28 AM
Member since Mar 19th 2006
35 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28973, "Slotted/ drilled rotors making noise....."

I have a 99 Eclipse GS. I recently changed out my rotors front and rear rotors to slotted/drilled ones. I noticed that since I did this when I brake there is a faint noise coming from the rotors. It sounds almost exactly like the sound the power antenna makes when its going up/down. Like a quite "errr" noise. It isn't too bad of a nuisance but I want to know if this noise is due to bad installation or just a common thing among slotted/cross drlled rotors.

BTW I have been reading from these forums on and off for years.......just never have posted. The search engine usually gets the job done for me. I just want to thank you all ahead of time for your help, this site has been alot of help.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Slotted/ drilled rotors making noise..... [View all] , red-cruzer99, Mar-19-06 12:28 AM
  RE: Slotted/ drilled rotors making noise....., mcgyvr, Mar-19-06 03:48 AM, #1
RE: Slotted/ drilled rotors making noise....., red-cruzer99, Mar-19-06 11:15 AM, #2
      RE: Slotted/ drilled rotors making noise....., Moderatorjuan, Mar-22-06 12:37 PM, #3
           RE: Slotted/ drilled rotors making noise....., red-cruzer99, Mar-22-06 07:55 PM, #4
                RE: Slotted/ drilled rotors making noise....., blcktalipse, Mar-23-06 06:47 PM, #5
                     RE: Slotted/ drilled rotors making noise....., red-cruzer99, Mar-24-06 12:00 PM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #28973 Previous topic | Next topic