Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #28686
View in linear mode

Subject: "Strut problem/tire helps!?!" Previous topic | Next topic
95Eclipse302Feb-06-06 03:38 PM
Member since Jan 01st 2006
245 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28686, "Strut problem/tire helps!?!"

Ok so my rear right suspension makes a thumping sound under hard braking and high speeds. Along with over bumps. I had a blow out and decided to check it out. The bushing rite there when you take the wheel off is rotted out. Knucke Bushing I think. With no wheel and the side off the ground if I pull down really hard on my thing where the wheel goes on it seems as if the strut is going all the way out until it stops..like bottoming out except its when I pull it out. It makes a little thump sound, kinda like the one going down the road. What does this mean? Anyways I have all 215-45-17 tires except the tire on this part. It is a 225-45-17! And it dosent do it as bad with the larger tire? Why is this. I think my strut is blown....help me here please. Thanks!

Thanks, Brandon

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Strut problem/tire helps!?! [View all] , 95Eclipse302, Feb-06-06 03:38 PM
  RE: Strut problem/tire helps!?!, 95Eclipse302, Feb-06-06 03:42 PM, #1

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #28686 Previous topic | Next topic