Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #28022
View in linear mode

Subject: "list anything that can make a clunk sound when turning or acellerating." Previous topic | Next topic
97grnRSSep-27-05 01:40 PM
Member since Jul 24th 2004
564 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28022, "list anything that can make a clunk sound when turning or acellerating."

i cannot figure out whats making the clunk sound in my car . it sounds louder sometimes . expecially if i turn hard and acellerate or reverse. but mostly when i just start to go front whether its fast or slow. i do not think its the motor mounts cause they are not cracked at all and i cannot pull or push the motor if i try to . i let someone kinda pop the clutch and i looked at motor and it seems to not move hardly at all . but just incase i oredered full insert kit for all mounts. ive also replaced the sway bar links and shocks and springs and i still hear it. i have no power steering so its hard enough to turn and when i do turn all the way ,either way and pull out i always hear this clunk. i hear it if i hit a bump hard sometimes too but not as bad. it sounds like a ball joint issue to me but they all look fine, not popped or anything and i try to pull around parts with my hands to see if they move but nothing does. all bolts are tight too. what could this be?

91 civic hatch, homemade turbo+ LS motor = 12 sec street car.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

list anything that can make a clunk sound when turning or acellerating. [View all] , 97grnRS, Sep-27-05 01:40 PM
  RE: list anything that can make a clunk sound when turning or acellerating., Talontaxi, Sep-27-05 01:56 PM, #1
RE: list anything that can make a clunk sound when turning or acellerating., frmrkiaownr, Oct-20-05 06:02 PM, #2
      RE: list anything that can make a clunk sound when turning or acellerating., Jen, Oct-22-05 04:16 PM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #28022 Previous topic | Next topic