Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26787
View in linear mode

Subject: "Grinding noise and vibration under acceleration." Previous topic | Next topic
95greenhrcgsApr-07-05 03:00 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
1420 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26787, "Grinding noise and vibration under acceleration."

The problem is when I am accelerating moderately/fairly hard in a straight line, I have this grinding noise and sensation. Its def from the front of the car. Once I am not accelerating anymore its all normal. I am sure that its not the bearings. I have had those go bad before and this is not it.

Do you think that its the axles? I dont hear a popping when I turn, but I can tell one of them is STARTING to go bad.

The car had a blown engine when I bought it. Is there any way that the engine blowing broke something in the tranny?
Anyone have the same symptoms and have it be something in the tranny???? I am really hoping its not the tranny.

Thanks in advance
Jon

Jonathan
95 Eclipse GS
8 injector
Hahn Stage 3.5
Howell 2.2L Stroker

T O T A L L E D, T H A N K S T O S O M E A S S H A T!!!!!!!!!!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Grinding noise and vibration under acceleration. [View all] , 95greenhrcgs, Apr-07-05 03:00 PM
  RE: Grinding noise and vibration under acceleration., WickedESi, Apr-07-05 10:27 PM, #1
RE: Grinding noise and vibration under acceleration., 95greenhrcgs, Apr-08-05 07:19 AM, #2
      RE: Grinding noise and vibration under acceleration., 95greenhrcgs, Apr-17-05 07:30 AM, #3
           RE: Grinding noise and vibration under acceleration., WickedESi, Apr-19-05 03:45 PM, #4
                RE: Grinding noise and vibration under acceleration., 95greenhrcgs, Apr-21-05 03:21 PM, #5
                     RE: Grinding noise and vibration under acceleration., flossinpnoyracer, Apr-21-05 03:33 PM, #6
                          RE: Grinding noise and vibration under acceleration., 95greenhrcgs, Apr-21-05 05:06 PM, #7

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26787 Previous topic | Next topic