Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26659
View in linear mode

Subject: "CAR WILL NOT GO STRAIGHT - LOWERED ISSUES." Previous topic | Next topic
PatroklaiMar-24-05 07:59 AM
Member since Feb 03rd 2003
108 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26659, "CAR WILL NOT GO STRAIGHT - LOWERED ISSUES."

About 1.5 years ago I lowered my car with H&R STAGE 3 RACE SPRING "2 drop in front and "1.7~"1.8 drop in the rear.
I installed my ingalls camber correction kit in the fronts and rear.

Ever since, my car has never been able to go straight, not even after alignment.

my upper control arm rubs with the inner fender chasis and we had to grind a couple of inches off the ball joint metal area to make it fit.

has anyone had this much problems when loweing their eclipse?
its a 1997 RS with "17 in rims on 225/45/17 tires.

NOW:

i'm now rebuilding the upper/lower control arms "joints" for both sides, and also 2 more (one on each side) that goes paralel to the lower arm but comes in before it.

any input you guys have would be real helpfull, i also lost a good KONI yellow shock in the process as the boldt that holds the left lower control arm came loose thankfully not hurting the CV joint but somehow flexing something bad enough for it to reach the shock and damage it.

anything you can do to help i'd appreciate it.

later.

Looking to buy 4G63

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

CAR WILL NOT GO STRAIGHT - LOWERED ISSUES. [View all] , Patroklai, Mar-24-05 07:59 AM
  RE: CAR WILL NOT GO STRAIGHT - LOWERED ISSUES., mcgyvr, Mar-25-05 02:56 AM, #1
RE: CAR WILL NOT GO STRAIGHT - LOWERED ISSUES., Blizare, Mar-25-05 03:24 PM, #2
RE: CAR WILL NOT GO STRAIGHT - LOWERED ISSUES., rhui, Apr-09-05 09:25 AM, #3
RE: CAR WILL NOT GO STRAIGHT - LOWERED ISSUES., UpToSpeed, Apr-18-05 05:37 PM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26659 Previous topic | Next topic