Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26605
View in threaded mode

Subject: "RE: New Mounts for strut???!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorxcasbonxMar-22-05 03:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26629, "RE: New Mounts for strut???!!!"
In response to In response to 0

You need to be a little more clear with what your describing, but this is what I'm gonna try to help ya with. When you say mount I want to make sure your describing the insulator which is CAPS PNC number 41433 on the drawing below. The drawing below is for the rear "mounts".

The two bushings are (TOP PNC number 41406B) and the (BOTTOM 41406C), the metal sleeve (PNC 41971) is what is inbetween the two bushings. I don't know where the guy is getting they should be "glued" together because they shouldn't be. Simply slide the bottom bushing on, then the sleeve, followed by the insulator (PNC 41433) then the top bushing sitting on top. Refer to this CAPS drawing to see how all parts are to be in a specific order, messing this up will result in some serious damage and even injury when assembling everything back together.

Check all your insulators and look for rust and check the bushings, if anything looks out of the "normal" meaning rust, bushings seized together etc...I'd look into changing them out.

Refer to our CAPS section http://www.2gnt.com/CAPS/main0sub0.html for PNC numbers and then using our PNC lookup if you need part numbers to order parts from the dealer.

Gotta love winter

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

New Mounts for strut???!!! [View all] , clipse2g95, Mar-20-05 11:55 AM
  RE: New Mounts for strut???!!!, Moderatorxcasbonx, Mar-22-05 03:49 AM #1
RE: New Mounts for strut???!!!, mcgyvr, Mar-22-05 08:38 AM, #2
RE: New Mounts for strut???!!!, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Mar-22-05 09:30 AM, #3
RE: New Mounts for strut???!!!, Ducking_Fumbass, Mar-22-05 10:15 AM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26605 Previous topic | Next topic