Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26493
View in threaded mode

Subject: "RE: To those that have done the rear brake conversion..." Previous topic | Next topic
MCubed45Mar-26-05 06:12 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26673, "RE: To those that have done the rear brake conversion..."
In response to In response to 5
Mar-26-05 06:16 PM by MCubed45

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
I will double check when i get home but the brake lines are not interchangeable. the drum assy uses a hard line comming out of the wheel cylinder that is a male fitting where the rubberline has a female fitting that connects to the hard line. the connection of fittings on the frame are the same but the calipe uses a male fitting where the drum uses a SAE fitting on a hard line. Terry

oh yea that's what it was. you replace the hard line going into the cylinder. that's why when the shop that installed my other stuff looked at it they said it wasn't possible. then i went on here and the people that did it before said it replaces the rubber AND hard line. the male hard line going into the wheel cylinder on the drum brakes should be the same as the male rubber line going into the caliper on disc brakes. i coudn't remember what the specifics were but i knew it was something a little different to make it work on drums. so yea, pull off the rubber line AND the hard line and replace them both with the SS line.

do a search to be sure. i'll admit i haven't done it myself b/c i lost my rear SS lines but i know i researched this before. several people explained how to make them work on drums.

*edit*
ok i was bored and i hate giving out second hand information. here's one of several threads on the topic:

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=14949&mesg_id=14949&listing_type=search

so... YES YOU CAN USE THE SAME LINES ON DRUMS

just hafta replace the rubber line AND hard line...

yay marc wins!

-marc

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

To those that have done the rear brake conversion... [View all] , oMInOUs97RS, Mar-09-05 03:20 AM
  RE: To those that have done the rear brake conversion..., a_miller_76, Mar-10-05 01:15 AM, #1
RE: To those that have done the rear brake conversion..., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Mar-10-05 10:57 AM, #2
RE: To those that have done the rear brake conversion..., MCubed45, Mar-10-05 11:22 AM, #3
RE: To those that have done the rear brake conversion..., a_miller_76, Mar-10-05 12:33 PM, #4
RE: To those that have done the rear brake conversion..., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Mar-11-05 10:30 AM, #5
RE: To those that have done the rear brake conversion..., turbo8u, Mar-12-05 07:54 AM, #6
RE: To those that have done the rear brake conversion..., HiOnPSI, Mar-18-05 04:59 AM, #7
RE: To those that have done the rear brake conversion..., MCubed45, Mar-26-05 06:12 PM #8
RE: To those that have done the rear brake conversion..., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Mar-26-05 06:24 PM, #9
RE: To those that have done the rear brake conversion..., MCubed45, Mar-26-05 07:47 PM, #10
RE: To those that have done the rear brake conversion..., HadesOmega, Mar-28-05 04:55 PM, #11

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26493 Previous topic | Next topic