Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26273
View in linear mode

Subject: "Why is my ride so rough?" Previous topic | Next topic
istwuhaJan-31-05 04:53 AM
Member since Jan 23rd 2005
19 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26273, "Why is my ride so rough?"

First lemme state what I'm riding on.

1999 eclipse rs

18x8 Konig rims with Pirelli Pzero's

Eibach sportline 1.6" drop

Koni Yellow shocks

obx Camber kit

obx front rear strut towers

One hell of a bumpy ride. This is my 3rd set of shocks. Went from stock to kyb's to koni yellows and the ride hasn't been the same since stock. Don't get me wrong, I have owned 2 previous dropped cars(not eclipses) and have rode in plenty of dropped cars, and I understand the rides will never been the same as stock when it comes to bumps, but they have never been as horrible as they are now. I feel every pebble in the road, and I feel them hard too. Bumps that I wouldn't normally feel, are really beating my car up right now. I don't drive rough or fast by any stretch of the imagination. This is absolutely mind boggling how hard my ride feels. It's even hard to explain how hard it is. I have set my koni yellow settings between firm and soft and feel no difference whatsoever. Is there anything else that I can upgrade on my suspension to fix this cause I only had in my kyb shocks for about 1 month before i decided to change to koni yellows, and when those we're taken out, 1 of the shocks we're already blown. The way i'm riding now, it feels like my koni yellows are blown. Is there possibly something on my suspenion that is bad that are blowing my shocks? I'm a small dude, so take my weight out of the equation. Only way 160lbs. Could my control arms be screwed up? My axles? I'm not getting any weird noises from the suspension, car sounds normal. When I do hit big bumps, the car does skip a little at speeds of 40mph and up. Anyways, has anyone ever had the same problem and fixed it? Or what suspension are you using to get an aboslute soft ride while maintaining good stability?

I'm thinking about dumping the koni yellows now which are about 4 months old, and upgrading to nex, or tein. Any suggestions?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Why is my ride so rough? [View all] , istwuha, Jan-31-05 04:53 AM
  RE: Why is my ride so rough?, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Jan-31-05 05:30 AM, #1
RE: Why is my ride so rough?, 420a2ner, Jan-31-05 06:03 AM, #2
RE: Why is my ride so rough?, Dont_need_8, Jan-31-05 01:22 PM, #3
      RE: Why is my ride so rough?, istwuha, Feb-01-05 05:19 AM, #4
           RE: Why is my ride so rough?, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Feb-01-05 05:54 AM, #5
                RE: Why is my ride so rough?, istwuha, Feb-01-05 08:13 AM, #6
                     RE: Why is my ride so rough?, kain_99gs, Feb-02-05 04:29 PM, #7
                          RE: Why is my ride so rough?, istwuha, Feb-03-05 04:49 AM, #8

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #26273 Previous topic | Next topic