Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #24427
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?" Previous topic | Next topic
GhEttOrAiDJun-24-04 02:07 PM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
1226 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24489, "RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?"
In response to In response to 14

Originally posted by willmayo
Originally posted by GhEttOrAiD errrr update.. i heard this faint rattling when i was coasting to a stop in neutral .. under 10mph... frigging... one of my lugs was backing off... 3-4 more turns and id be on 4 lugs... which isnt bad but the others were a bit loose. I think its just because of the heat... Mitsubishi was probably saying that I needed to heat the hub up, THEN torque the studs in to prevent this problem from coming up on the road when brake heat hit it.
you may not have seated the studs all the way, when you're putting them on you have to make sure that it is flush with the back of the hub. you're should also re-torque your wheel lugs after 100 miles of driving, especially with new studs, wheels, or lugs.

yeah i saw that on Trucks! the other day

they rattled a little loose again today... they must not be seating evenly... I really need my own airtools so i can do this right !!

FS: 2.5" Test Pipe 25 shipped

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs? [View all] , GhEttOrAiD, Jun-18-04 02:08 PM
  RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jun-18-04 02:44 PM, #1
RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?, GhEttOrAiD, Jun-18-04 03:05 PM, #2
RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jun-18-04 03:13 PM, #4
      RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?, GhEttOrAiD, Jun-18-04 03:22 PM, #5
RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?, GhEttOrAiD, Jun-18-04 03:11 PM, #3
      RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jun-18-04 03:42 PM, #6
           RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?, GhEttOrAiD, Jun-18-04 05:26 PM, #7
           RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?, GhEttOrAiD, Jun-18-04 05:55 PM, #8
                RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jun-19-04 01:02 PM, #9
           RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?, jesse, Jun-19-04 07:17 PM, #11
RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?, GhEttOrAiD, Jun-19-04 01:03 PM, #10
RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?, Pitchblack98, Jun-19-04 08:29 PM, #12
RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?, GhEttOrAiD, Jun-22-04 06:26 PM, #13
RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?, willmayo, Jun-23-04 05:31 PM, #14
      RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?, GhEttOrAiD, Jun-24-04 02:07 PM #15
           RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?, jesse, Jul-24-04 09:22 PM, #16
                RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jul-24-04 10:55 PM, #17
                     RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?, jesse, Jul-25-04 06:51 AM, #18

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #24427 Previous topic | Next topic