Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #24427
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?" Previous topic | Next topic
GhEttOrAiDJun-18-04 05:26 PM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
1226 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24435, "RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?"
In response to In response to 6

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Well not sure what mitsu was referring to exacly, i can assume but we know where that goes. I have installed mine when they were broken and when rebuilding the hubs i have now.....all the studs are the same, not a bit of taper other than the splines that press in. You dont need to heat the studs at all just a good wack with a hammer. You can thread a lug on the end so you dont take the risk of mushrooming them at all or miss and hit another, this way you know they are perfect if you want spares (good to have). if the taper is that small have you tried cleaning out the rotor holes at all...maybe you have some corrosion (if they are used). If they are new you could ream the hole if its that small a difference. I wouldnt, junkyard would only cost you an hour including your drive time to get studs. Heat expansion is usually referred to when dealing with the proper metal or manufacturing process in the stud quality. For example the studs in a 26000 lbs hydraulic truck are hardened to a higher grade then say our 2600lb passenger vehicle. Thats the only thing i can think mitsu was talking about unless the tech was trying to get you to bring your car to them. (Baffle with bullshit technique) Terry 96 Eagle talon ESI Star Stage II - Boost/oil/EGT gauges 97 Eclipse Greddy header/evo exhaust - Stage 2 6 puck Sprung hub MIBA clutch - Shortened shifter - Koni Yellows w/eibach prokit - Stillen Fr/Rr swaybars - ceramic intake - DEI Keyless entry alarm - Niche 17" Shoks Waiting to be installed: Apexi AFC, HKS EVC IV, 450 Turbo injectors, SFMU/return line, GSX Front brakes (need rotors)

Yeah I shouldnt have zoned out during that spiel... busy at work so i couldnt devote resources to bullshit detection

theyre brand new rotors, and I'd rather not just "bandage" the situation anyway. I'd also be afraid of doing any form of machining on the rotor, I'm sure its not as bad as making your own DRILLED rotors but...it seems to me that its in the same vein...

FS: 2.5" Test Pipe 25 shipped

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs? [View all] , GhEttOrAiD, Jun-18-04 02:08 PM
  RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jun-18-04 02:44 PM, #1
RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?, GhEttOrAiD, Jun-18-04 03:05 PM, #2
RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jun-18-04 03:13 PM, #4
      RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?, GhEttOrAiD, Jun-18-04 03:22 PM, #5
RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?, GhEttOrAiD, Jun-18-04 03:11 PM, #3
      RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jun-18-04 03:42 PM, #6
           RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?, GhEttOrAiD, Jun-18-04 05:26 PM #7
           RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?, GhEttOrAiD, Jun-18-04 05:55 PM, #8
                RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jun-19-04 01:02 PM, #9
           RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?, jesse, Jun-19-04 07:17 PM, #11
RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?, GhEttOrAiD, Jun-19-04 01:03 PM, #10
RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?, Pitchblack98, Jun-19-04 08:29 PM, #12
RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?, GhEttOrAiD, Jun-22-04 06:26 PM, #13
RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?, willmayo, Jun-23-04 05:31 PM, #14
      RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?, GhEttOrAiD, Jun-24-04 02:07 PM, #15
           RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?, jesse, Jul-24-04 09:22 PM, #16
                RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jul-24-04 10:55 PM, #17
                     RE: Is there any special... "technique" to removing and installing wheel lugs?, jesse, Jul-25-04 06:51 AM, #18

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #24427 Previous topic | Next topic