Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #23290
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Does anyone know this? Concerning studs..." Previous topic | Next topic
AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMar-30-04 02:04 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23293, "RE: Does anyone know this? Concerning studs..."
In response to In response to 0

putting studs in are easy....2methods
1 remove the bearing and punt the stud in from the rear of the stud. this is probably the best way.

2 is put the stud in and tap it in with a hammer. get a 5-6 heavy washers and tighten the lug down
(no wheel on!)to pull the stud in. This works well most of the time but beware....this has backfired on occasion and damaged threads. me personally, I have done this on mine and lot of other cars. i have had it backfire and dully meadium duty trucks but that is a totally different set up. never failed on a Passenger vehicle.

Terry

96 Eagle talon ESI
rear disk conversion - Niche 17" chrome shoks - Stillen front and rear sway bars - Koni yellows wrapped with eibach - Star Stage II - Optima locate in the hatch - Tenzo-R seats/4 pt harness - momo Steering wheel - Boost/oil/EGT gauges, HKS TT

Waiting to be installed: Apexi AFC, HKS EVC IV, ceramic intake, 355 neon tranny, stage 2 MIBA clutch, Power doors, 450 Turbo injectors, Adj Fuel reg/return line, Backseat eliminator kit(my design), GSX Front brakes (need rotors)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Does anyone know this? Concerning studs... [View all] , LikeNoOther, Mar-29-04 07:11 PM
  RE: Does anyone know this? Concerning studs..., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Mar-30-04 02:04 AM #1
RE: Does anyone know this? Concerning studs..., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Mar-30-04 02:05 AM, #2
RE: Does anyone know this? Concerning studs..., Skrilla, Mar-30-04 05:20 AM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #23290 Previous topic | Next topic