Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #22046
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Another problem. Coilovers" Previous topic | Next topic
96EclipsedJan-25-04 07:55 PM
Member since Jun 17th 2002
1923 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22115, "RE: Another problem. Coilovers"
In response to In response to 7
Jan-25-04 07:59 PM by 96Eclipsed

Originally posted by a_miller_76
Originally posted by djtrickee Or it could be a third problem: The coilovers and the Blues are working fine and the ride is just how it is going to be forever. With coil-overs like you have there is much less spring travel distance therefore they have more work to do in less space... THEREFORE they will not ride well no matter what. Coilovers will always give you a harsh ride and will be squeaky, noisy and clangy... thats their nature. I think the blues are just fine. I have them and I dont think they will blow after only 2 years.
That's my point bro. I don't have the money to afford Teins either. Everyone is telling me to get them but I can't see spending that much money. You would have gotten a better ride out of $185 set of eibach prokits with stock shocks and struts than with the obx coilovers. EDIt: Wait, since you jumped up my ass lemme be more specific. If you look at your springs you'll notice that they are wound with the ends exposed so that they lock onto your struts and into the upper bushing. Therefore, your springs will not spin or wobble if installed correctly. Non-true coilovers on the other hand do not have this feature. Therefore they will wobble and clang all over the place. Also, the more you shorten a spring in order to attain a specified height the more preload you ad to that spring. This in turn shortens it's opperative travel. So if you buy coilovers and lower your car with them then you will effectively be givving yourself a worse ride the lower you go. Un-order your illuminas, sell your obx coilovers on ebay, and buy some eibach prokits or sportlines (depending on how low you want to go). Pre lowered springs are tested and designed to have the proper pre-load tension based on the effective lowering amount of the vehicle. There, i'm sorry that I was harsh. But don't crawl up my ass I know what I'm talking about.

That is the kind of response I was looking for. One thing is, I am not looking to lower the car, in fact I wanted to raise it some, which I did.

Again, it's not so much the ride I am worried about. Again, I know it's not going to be the smoothest there. The problem is the serious clanging noise that I get. I had a found a spot on a street that will cause the noise, I ran over it with both sides of the car and it only happnes on the left rear side...which leads me to believe the blue on that side is failing.

As for returning the illuminas, I think I will keep them. I want them for thier adjustability anyway..so between that and the coilovers I can come to a compromise.

weather turning towards a storm broken down road continue on coexistance imitating paradise
unlike any seen moist has been dancing crazy overcast ash grey wording constantly pushing pulling pushes away

sacred? you really are?
m'not scared
then what are you?

drew back a rusty knife guilt ladle pour it on understand i burn inside how to get out of here how do you get out of this natures revenge nature
cage craving wonder the worth of it scream at the top of your lungs so many times tried not to wonder

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Another problem. Coilovers [View all] , 96Eclipsed, Jan-22-04 10:56 AM
  RE: Another problem. Coilovers, REV_GSlow, Jan-25-04 05:50 AM, #1
RE: Another problem. Coilovers, EricBss7, Jan-25-04 06:36 AM, #2
      RE: Another problem. Coilovers, 96Eclipsed, Jan-25-04 10:24 AM, #3
           RE: Another problem. Coilovers, a_miller_76, Jan-25-04 10:39 AM, #4
                RE: Another problem. Coilovers, 96Eclipsed, Jan-25-04 01:13 PM, #5
                     RE: Another problem. Coilovers, djtrickee, Jan-25-04 01:28 PM, #6
                          RE: Another problem. Coilovers, a_miller_76, Jan-25-04 02:32 PM, #7
                               RE: Another problem. Coilovers, 96Eclipsed, Jan-25-04 07:55 PM #8
                                    RE: Another problem. Coilovers, a_miller_76, Jan-26-04 03:52 AM, #9
                                         RE: Another problem. Coilovers, 96Eclipsed, Jan-26-04 05:42 AM, #10
                                              RE: Another problem. Coilovers, a_miller_76, Jan-26-04 06:05 AM, #11
                                                   RE: Another problem. Coilovers, 96Eclipsed, Jan-26-04 09:28 AM, #12
                                                        RE: Another problem. Coilovers, a_miller_76, Jan-26-04 09:38 AM, #13
                                                             RE: Another problem. Coilovers, 96Eclipsed, Jan-26-04 12:43 PM, #14
                                                                  RE: Another problem. Coilovers, REV_GSlow, Jan-27-04 09:53 AM, #15

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #22046 Previous topic | Next topic