Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #21998
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Excellent brake upgrade FAQ" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
thedawgOct-29-05 01:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22125, "RE: Excellent brake upgrade FAQ"
In response to In response to 0

Eclipse804:
Stop-tech:

Quesion though- If you're supposed to switch to racing pads at the track, and use street pads on the street, *AND* follow proper break-in procedures for your pads... how is it possible? No wonder nobody does it!

If you have to drive 100 miles to break in your track pads (on the street the week before the track meet) then another 100 miles to break your street pads in again (pads need to be re-broken in each time you mount them right?) you're stuck doing a hell of a lot of extra driving, under unsafe conditions (wrong/unseated pad), just makes for a major pain in the ass.

I'd almost prefer have a street braking disk, caliper, and pads that I could unbolt, and replace with my race setup. My question is- if you replace everything like this (assuming the pads and rotors have already been broken in) will it all line up again?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy

Excellent brake upgrade FAQ [View all] , Teameclipse804, Nov-22-09 09:02 AM
  RE: Excellent brake upgrade FAQ, thedawg, Oct-29-05 01:48 AM #1
RE: Excellent brake upgrade FAQ, Xionation, May-02-12 05:14 PM, #2
      RE: Excellent brake upgrade FAQ, Slo2g, May-02-12 07:59 PM, #3
           RE: Excellent brake upgrade FAQ, Moderatorxcasbonx, May-03-12 06:25 AM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #21998 Previous topic | Next topic